NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I insist, even if Tonali and Joelinton will be back I think we have to sign a high quality midfielder with great technical ability. Imo an attacking one. We have no playing depth and the space is often too big between midfield and attack. Yes a ball playing CB and playing our more technical fullbacks would also help. 

We will have to get that from any RW we bring in, we aren’t signing a CM imo (unless Bruno leaves).

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

We will have to get that from any RW we bring in, we aren’t signing a CM imo (unless Bruno leaves).

Maybe not, you’re probably right, but I REALLY think we should. I said so even before the season started. 

Just now, Ikon said:

Maybe not, you’re probably right, but I REALLY think we should. I said so even before the season started. 

I agree completely, just don’t see it happening this summer. Also not sure it a profile Howe wants from his midfielders.

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

We need a massive summer 

2/3 top quality signings and keeping hold of Bruno and Isak. Not sure we have the money to do all that mind.

Lets get fucking real for a minute man. Anyone saying we are going to get £15-20m for Almiron. He's 30 years old. Age is harder on wingers then any other position as the first thing that goes with age is pace, plus he's not really that good anyway is he. But dream on anyway.

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Lets get fucking real for a minute man. Anyone saying we are going to get £15-20m for Almiron. He's 30 years old. Age is harder on wingers then any other position as the first thing that goes with age is pace, plus he's not really that good anyway is he. But dream on anyway.

Didn't a Saudi team offer £20 million in January?

Just now, Beth said:

If they did we were mad not to take it.

Think the word at the time was Almiron wasn't keen to leave mid season.

Could see that happening in the summer tbh.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think the word at the time was Almiron wasn't keen to leave mid season.

Could see that happening in the summer tbh.

To be honest I've never been an Almiron fan, but I'd keep him till his contract is up as a decent impact sub behind a new RW.

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

To be honest I've never been an Almiron fan, but I'd keep him till his contract is up as a decent impact sub behind a new RW.

I actually think he would be a big nuisance coming on late in games when players are tiring, as his energetic play and harrying would cause problems.

However, if we are offered that kind of money in the summer, I think we probably have to take it.

Edited by KaKa

Almirons asset is his stamina, he is on it for the whole 90minutes and that makes him a challenge to play against. But he’s not super quick and his end product has never been the strongest so if you want an impact sub versus a tired fullback I think there are better options. 

As with all potential sales it would leave very little cover. Basically just Murphy 

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

I actually think he would be a big nuisance coming on late in games when players are tiring, as his energetic play and harrying would cause problems.

However, if we are offered that kind of money in the summer, I think we probably have to take it.

Murphy can play the energetic back up role on RW though he is different to Miggy. I think Miggys time is up with us, great servant but time to move him on. Quality options need upgrading on that right side and have so for a while now.

9 hours ago, Ikon said:

We really need a player in the mould of Maddison, who can receive the ball between the lines and create with combinations. But we arent going to do that unless we sell Bruno.

After seeing Eze I would love to get him, better version of Maddison. Olise too would be awesome for that RW. 

If Andersen wasn't as old as he is, he could be good for RCB, a like for like to put pressure on Schar

13 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

After seeing Eze I would love to get him, better version of Maddison. Olise too would be awesome for that RW. 

If Andersen wasn't as old as he is, he could be good for RCB, a like for like to put pressure on Schar

Ship has sailed on the pair of them unfortunately. They can command anything from £60 million upwards for them.

Another two that made their name in the Championship. We need to start paying more attention to that league.

Eze cost just under £20 million and Oliseh just under £10 million.

Great business from Palace.

We definitely shouldn't be sleeping on Championship players. Twitter knobs demand 'CL quality only', whatever that means, but you can get some really fantastic buys there. Especially pathway players who you can develop over 1/2 years when you know first teamers are likely to be on the way then.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

We definitely shouldn't be sleeping on Championship players. Twitter knobs demand 'CL quality only', whatever that means, but you can get some really fantastic buys there. Especially pathway players who you can develop over 1/2 years when you know first teamers are likely to be on the way then.

Bowen being another, Lewis-Potter doing better for Brentford now. Historically the likes of Cahill for Everton too.

Got to bring in first team players this summer. If you want to progress this is the only way. The players they replace will then become squad players and we can get rid of the crap we have hanging around. 

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d happily pay 60 million for Eze

Me too! Would be perfect for us. The ONLY thing that has made me doubt him is that he’s injured quite often. He might want CL football though. Would like him in front of Tonali and Bruno. Not sure Howe would though. 

Edited by Ikon