NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

We definitely shouldn't be sleeping on Championship players. Twitter knobs demand 'CL quality only', whatever that means, but you can get some really fantastic buys there. Especially pathway players who you can develop over 1/2 years when you know first teamers are likely to be on the way then.

Precisely. Mentioned it in the rumours thread, but I’m all for our main target market being English talent, because the pool depth is huge. So many talented 17-21 year olds that will be dropping out of prem sides into L1/Championship that will quickly shoot back up because their technical ability is outstanding. The hard part in recruitment is getting the ones with the right attitudes that will put the effort in to maximise that ability over the years.

Even outside of English, overall players in championship are good quality. Like if Liverpool are not going to bring Carvallho back into the fold next season, that’s a massive talent that’s available, before someone else in prem buys and 2 years later is valued at £70m+

35 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Me too! Would be perfect for us. The ONLY thing that has made me doubt him is that he’s injured quite often. He might want CL football though. Would like him in front of Tonali and Bruno. Not sure Howe would though. 

There were rumours that he’s going to Man U.

38 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Yes

If Bruno is likely to go, and if Man City get serious I think he will, then Diomande will be the type of high ceiling player we could aim to invest in.

If Man Utd are serious about Todibo then it leaves it really between Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool who could hit anywhere near to what they’re aiming for fee wise. However Spurs now have Dragusin, VDV and Romero there and Chelsea are constricted by PSR. If Liverpool don’t want him then I fancy we get him.

17 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d happily pay 60 million for Eze

If we have that type of money to spend on an attacker it has to be on right winger

16 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If we have that type of money to spend on an attacker it has to be on right winger

Getting Olise and Eze for around 90m both in plus a sell on clause would be good business and transform us as an attacking force. 

Add Sesko and the two freebie CBs in Kelly and Tosin and honestly a great summer. 

A backup GK on loan would be fine until January or next summer.

42 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

If Bruno is likely to go, and if Man City get serious I think he will, then Diomande will be the type of high ceiling player we could aim to invest in.

If Man Utd are serious about Todibo then it leaves it really between Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool who could hit anywhere near to what they’re aiming for fee wise. However Spurs now have Dragusin, VDV and Romero there and Chelsea are constricted by PSR. If Liverpool don’t want him then I fancy we get him.

I think we get him for 45 - 50 and Bruno wont be going fucking anywhere.

8 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Getting Olise and Eze for around 90m both in plus a sell on clause would be good business and transform us as an attacking force. 

Add Sesko and the two freebie CBs in Kelly and Tosin and honestly a great summer. 

That looks completely unrealistic to me

15 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I’ll also have Margot Robbie to marry me, cheers.

Arsenal and Manchester City have been made aware that Newcastle United will listen to offers in excess of £80m for Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 26, this summer. (90min)

Guimaraes' £100m release clause will only be active for one month, from late May to late June. (Fabrizio Romano, via Caught Offside)

Crystal Palace's Dougie Freedman is on Newcastle United's shortlist to become their new sporting director, while the former Scotland striker is also a target for Manchester United.(Mail)

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

Christ, how many players are we selling to fund that lot :) 

The January 2022 relegation battle splurge (Wood, et al) will drop off

Almiron is almost certainly gone

Possibly Wilson

Lots of high earners out - Dubravka, Ritchie etc

100m net spend I can certainly see happening - we did that back in 2016 in the Mitrovic Wijnaldum window. 

Think PIF will sense an opportunity this summer as a changing of the guard, Klopp out, Man U's struggles, in conjunction with this season's struggles etc - it made sense after the success of last year to continue with the same squad - but one year on, they will want to continue the speed of acceleration in my opinion

36 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Christ, how many players are we selling to fund that lot :) 

Bruno plus Wilson and Almiron perhaps. Like all those players though.

9 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

The January 2022 relegation battle splurge (Wood, et al) will drop off

Almiron is almost certainly gone

Possibly Wilson

Lots of high earners out - Dubravka, Ritchie etc

100m net spend I can certainly see happening - we did that back in 2016 in the Mitrovic Wijnaldum window. 

Think PIF will sense an opportunity this summer as a changing of the guard, Klopp out, Man U's struggles, in conjunction with this season's struggles etc - it made sense after the success of last year to continue with the same squad - but one year on, they will want to continue the speed of acceleration in my opinion

It’s not based on three-year rolling losses anymore - it’s based on % of turnover.  

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s not based on three-year rolling losses anymore - it’s based on % of turnover.  

Oh didn't realise that - in that case we will probably resign Shefki Kuqi, Riviere and Fumaca (on loan)

Diomande signed Jan 2023 for just under £7 million.

Gyokeres signed summer 2023 for £15 million.

These two are already being hotly pursued by a host of top clubs, and could together fetch around £120 - £130 million this summer.

Wonder how Hugo Viana's interview went, because Sporting have been doing some serious work.

Edited by KaKa

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Isn't that starting in the 25/26 season?

2 minutes ago, Checko said:

Isn't that starting in the 25/26 season?

Yeah, think PSR as it is remains for 24/25 season, with the new rules 'shadowing' them, however that will work, then the new rules kick in properlty for 25/26 season.