NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

No chance they give away the England U21 Captain, without keeping their claws in him. That will be sell on/buy back claused to death that deal. Good player, but I doubt we want to get involved in that.

Edited by Toon88

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Does Disasi seem out type of signing?

Older right footed version of Badiashile who we missed out on but wanted. Both decent attacking CB's, decent pace and physical. 

Still think it's nonsense though but looks like someone we would be into.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Anyone fancy putting a list up of our squad, salary, age and say 5 picks to get rid of? Lewis, Hendrick and Fraser must be shoe in’s. Targett as well imo; he’s something like 3rd or 4th highest earner.

Fraser - £2.17m through 2024/25

We should be offering him a free helicopter / private jet to anywhere in the world if we can shed those wages.

Lewis - ~£2m through 2024/25 (£6m amortization remaining; £3m per year)

I'm assuming we'd want some kind of fee for him. If we could get £6M or more I'm guessing he'd be gone.

Targett - £5.2m through 2025/26  (£11.25m amortization remaining; £3.75m per year)

For FFP purposes he is costing us almost £9m per year for the next three years -- that's half a Tonali/Isak in terms of fee + wages. If he's not playing semi-regularly then I'd probably rank him #1 overall in terms of the benefit of moving him on.

Krafth - £2.86m through 2023/24

Unfortunately with his injury and the fact it sounds like he's still recovering it seems like he's probably just a sunk cost for this season. I didn't realize what he was on until last week and I was genuinely shocked.

Dubravka - £2m through 2024/25 or Darlow - ~£1.5m through 2024/25

Bringing back Karius gives us the flexibility to move on one of these two. Seems like Darlow is most likely.

------------------------------------

Getting rid of two of Fraser / Lewis / Krafth / Dubravka / Darlow would pay for Bruno's rumored wage increase for the next two years. Getting rid of three of them would essentially pay the wages of a Trippier / Isak / Tonali level earner.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Does Disasi seem out type of signing?

I mean he’s big and strong while also being a leader for Monaco. I watch a lot of the Uber eats league (imo it’s the closest thing to the PL and the 3rd best league in the world) and while he can sometimes play right-back, he very much looks like a centre-back playing there. 

He’s a rich-man’s Lascelles in many ways. I really like him but 40m seems a lot, considering Aguerd and Botman went for less and were/are way more highly regarded. We’d lose the amazing things Schar brings us but gain an absolute physical specimen in return.

if we’re shopping for cb’s in France, Todibo is hands-down the guy I’d go for though. I think most Ligue 1 fans would agree he’s the best young (perhaps just the best) defender in the competition.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I mean he’s big and strong while also being a leader for Monaco. I watch a lot of the Uber eats league (imo it’s the closest thing to the PL and the 3rd best league in the world) and while he can sometimes play right-back, he very much looks like a centre-back playing there. 

He’s a rich-man’s Lascelles in many ways. I really like him but 40m seems a lot, considering Aguerd and Botman went for less and were/are way more highly regarded. We’d lose the amazing things Schar brings us but gain an absolute physical specimen in return.

if we’re shopping for cb’s in France, Todibo is hands-down the guy I’d go for though. I think most Ligue 1 fans would agree he’s the best young (perhaps just the best) defender in the competition.

it's not a replacement for Schar but increasing our viable CB options to three.

At the moment we have two with Lascelles, Dummett or Burn as cover.

Axel Wilson Arthur Disasi Mhakinis Belho (born 11 March 1998) is a French professional footballer who plays as a defender for Ligue 1 club Monaco and the France national team.

Tell you what, if we do want to sign him we'll need to get a move on, it'll take him about a week just to sign the contract 

Edited by Keegans Export

Just now, Geordie Boyo said:

Shaddap. It goes further from mentioning personal terms being agreed to talk of a four year contract being agreed, so stop ya moaning. Twatter BS or not it’s here. 

We have a thread for nonsense twitter, you are welcome to use it. 

The source you posted has no repute. 

5 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Shaddap. It goes further from mentioning personal terms being agreed to talk of a four year contract being agreed, so stop ya moaning. Twatter BS or not it’s here. 

It doesn’t. That was also in the original tweet.