NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

20 million bid for Cherki, almost certainly rubbish.

Agree but this would make sense in terms of the club looking at players currently on low wages that wouldn't take much tempting to come here.

Fits the profile more.

Might not be. His reputation is pretty bad. If Lyon wants to cash in asap 20m might do it.

That said I wonder why would Howe want him. He is exactly the type of player we shouldn’t want

3 hours ago, jack j said:

Sounds like a right waste of money to me

Maybe not if it saves £10+ million on entering a bidding war.

I personally think we are no longer shopping in the Asda bargain bins, but we are trying to buy players that we want, on our terms and what we see as our market value.

Keeping or walking away from the bidding wars, agent led transfers or clubs pushing prices up.

Basically a well run club we always hoped for

52 minutes ago, Zero said:

Might not be. His reputation is pretty bad. If Lyon wants to cash in asap 20m might do it.

That said I wonder why would Howe want him. He is exactly the type of player we shouldn’t want

No chance for 20m

16 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Think if we start getting players from the Saudi clubs then we need to go in the bin.

The massive problem for the players wanting to move back will be the wages they are on.

Unless they get a massive pay off or their wages paid whilst on loan there is no way many or even any of the premier League clubs can afford them within FFP.

19 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Think if we start getting players from the Saudi clubs then we need to go in the bin.

I think the Prem would quickly institute a measure like they have done with Villa/Victoria and Brighton/Union SG if we tried it 

Going into the summer the noises from Howe was about 2 or 3 top players as he didn’t want to upset the team, I completely understand that and that moved to looking at a CM, RW, LB and possibly a young RCB as initial back up to Schar. Again, completely understand that thinking.

We have since signed a top CM bit have also been looking at a RB and a LW, which makes you wonder what is going on or what the plan is this window.

I think we have our price (probably around the £25 million reported) we have communicated this unofficially while getting the player on board. Now we'll sit back and wait.

We've seen Man City and the like do this before and they usually get their man. It's really gratifying to see us in the same boat already. We know we have an exciting project, a fantastic coaching team with a proven record of improving players in place and that this sell us to players so they won't want to go anywhere else. This is much like the prospect of working with Guardiola does for City.  

18 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I think we have our price (probably around the £25 million reported) we have communicated this unofficially while getting the player on board. Now we'll sit back and wait.

We've seen Man City and the like do this before and they usually get their man. It's really gratifying to see us in the same boat already. We know we have an exciting project, a fantastic coaching team with a proven record of improving players in place and that this sell us to players so they won't want to go anywhere else. This is much like the prospect of working with Guardiola does for City.  

Was meant for the Barnes thread.

6 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Most of the leaks must come from the agents. And it's something that you'll never stop if you want to sign the player. 

Leaking the interest means possible bidding war =more money for the agent. 

By the way, UEFA regulations on agents start after this transfer window. So this is the last time parents/brothers serve as agents and other agents to make money through traditional means. Transfers are going to be more complicated due to this.

I am sure the agents will find other ways, but this is the last transfer window for the usual operations. 

Anyone fancy putting a list up of our squad, salary, age and say 5 picks to get rid of? Lewis, Hendrick and Fraser must be shoe in’s. Targett as well imo; he’s something like 3rd or 4th highest earner.

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Anyone fancy putting a list up of our squad, salary, age and say 5 picks to get rid of? Lewis, Hendrick and Fraser must be shoe in’s. Targett as well imo; he’s something like 3rd or 4th highest earner.

image.thumb.png.fc70250ff0a2319c040529e276168c0a.png

don't have salaries but here is a general idea of where we're at right now

22 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

im on my knees

Such a no brainer of a deal 

Only caveat is the kind of deal Man City want - sell on clauses etc - I suppose with a year left of his contract the wriggle room

isn’t the same as with others they have sold