NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What are thinking then. Tonali, Barnes, a LB and a RCB?

That's if we don't revisit Livramento.

What would people prefer, LB or RW?

The thought of Almiron and Murphy as our first choice RW is depressing. I reckon I'd rather have a RW than LB.

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

The thought of Almiron and Murphy as our first choice RW is depressing. I reckon I'd rather have a RW than LB.

Won't be surprised to see Gordon on the right tbh

Would be too many windows in a row without strengthening our RW imo. Can’t see us not doing it tbh. (Very much hope so!!)

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

Agree.  We have a health Matt Targett w/ Dan Burn as backup.  That's a lot better than Almiron and Murphy. We also need more scoring up front and a new RW could help there. 

3 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Agree.  We have a health Matt Targett w/ Dan Burn as backup.  That's a lot better than Almiron and Murphy. We also need more scoring up front and a new RW could help there. 

Be some turnaround if Matt Targett is our starting left back

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I know it's Baldwards who knows fuck all, but it would be disappointing. Still think we need another quality forward and a left back.

Fuck FFP like. Utter horseshit.

He infuriates me ?

‘Almost as though’

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What are thinking then. Tonali, Barnes, a LB and a RCB?

That's if we don't revisit Livramento.

If it depends on sales I think we will struggle to get 4 in, I can’t see us making much from sales at all.

I think ASM is our only left forward. Isak should play central, Gordon will end up playing somewhere else (or wherever needed) and Joelinton/Willock are both primarily midfielders. Anderson looks decent but is a kid. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It is, but we do know it’s real and at some point we will have to sell. With the amount we have spent since the takeover we must be close to the point of not being able to spend much more.

It does make you wonder if Barnes is a pre-emptive move.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It does make you wonder if Barnes is a pre-emptive move.

I would think so, I can’t see the club spending the full budget on 2 players when we still have other positions more important to fill.

Im pretty sure Targett would go if we did get another left back. £10-15 million for him plus whatever you can scrape together for the other rubbish could pay a large chunk of fee for somebody like Tierney etc.

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would think so, I can’t see the club spending the full budget on 2 players when we still have other positions more important to fill.

Nor can I to be honest.

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

He'll change his mind when he comes to play the friendlies at St James

Be sweet if we've actually set this cup up with that type of thing in mind. Imagine there's a player at each team that we like.

4 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Depressing? How was your mood when players like Clark, Shelvey, Hayden, Hendrick and Fraser were first choices?

31 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Depressing? How was your mood when players like Clark, Shelvey, Hayden, Hendrick and Fraser were first choices?

Tbf Almiron did score 'only' 11 goals last season. Depressing.

36 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Sorry aye let's sell Botman and get Lejuene back in ?

We're a CL team now, Almiron and Murphy aren't good enough if we want to stay up there.