NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

What I don’t get about Edwards are his “woe is me” tweets.  “So many rumours my head hurts”.  Fuck off man 

Literally one job. And he's no good at that

He’s a product of his time before social media where fans had access to journalists with information outside of their club. If we were back in the days of buying the Chronicle to look at news via the back page, then he was great. He could give rumours all the time and there is enough time difference between 1 article and the next for ‘things to change’.

Now he can be called out for what he says instantly.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting thread.

Though they can run as tight a ship as they like, they're still at the mercy of agents and the selling club.

I think Rob M is talking complete crap. 

10 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Seems pointless when agents have big mouths and selling clubs want an auction anyway.

Clearly that's not always the case though, quite a few of our moves have been under-the-radar until things are almost complete. That's not to say Rob M isn't just making excuses for his own lack of (or future incorrect) information of course.

Most of the leaks must come from the agents. And it's something that you'll never stop if you want to sign the player. 

Leaking the interest means possible bidding war =more money for the agent. 

8 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

What about Gordon and Botman? We were being linked in the press well before they signed. Both signed after Ashworth was appointed. 

Aye, we can lockdown things on our end all we want, but you're still at the mercy of agents and selling clubs

If Leicester want an auction, they won't keep our interest in Barnes quiet.

33 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Definitely agent driven but a Chiesa loan to buy makes so much sense. Would be great for Tonali too. 

Doesn’t make sense for Juve though, if they need the money now? Can’t see them loaning, even if there’s a guarantee of a fee the following year. 

They did the same for Kuluvsevski (sp) but have to admit I’ve no idea how or if their financial situation has changed since that deal.

But man…Pre-injury Chiesa on our right-wing would be truly mouth-watering stuff.