NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Italian media don’t seem to have gotten the memo that FFP is a thing for us. They’ve been Linking us to Osimhen and Kvarradonna at over 100m each the past few windows as well.

2 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

If we did get Theo Hernandez and that was our business done, would you be happy?  Personally, I think I would.

Edit: I am not saying we will... 

Happy ? I'd be ecstatic. Sadly though, I can't see it.

6 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

If we did get Theo Hernandez and that was our business done, would you be happy?  Personally, I think I would.

I’d be absolutely fucking buzzing 

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

”They can offer a very high salary…” 

Do some fucking research, it’s your job ffs.

Not that we will get him, but to be fair, I’ve seen two places which state he’s on (€98k weekly wage) which is £83k.

We can offer quite a bit higher (£125k range?) It’s still more money at the end of the day.

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

”They can offer a very high salary…” 

Do some fucking research, it’s your job ffs.

It's not completely incorrect.

AC Milan's top players aren't on massive salaries. 

Tolani got a wage hike joining us and Hernandez is on around £85,000 a week, which we could increase a fair bit if we make him one of the top earners , which he would be.

1 hour ago, Dan Gleebals said:

need defensive back up

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

A top LB (it won’t be Hernandez) would free Burn up to play at CB when needed tbf.

Yep. Doesn’t solve the back up quality at RB (Krafth, Manquillo, Ashby) and RCB (Lascelles). I can’t ever remember a team playing with two left footed CBs in a 2.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

It's not completely incorrect.

AC Milan's top players aren't on massive salaries. 

Tolani got a wage hike joining us and Hernandez is on around £85,000 a week, which we could increase a fair bit if we make him one of the top earners , which he would be.

Yeah but it's still not very high salary. More that Milan aren't paying big salaries and we could offer a bit more but he would still be getting £300k or more from Man United or Chelsea for example which is in a very high salary range.

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Yep. Doesn’t solve the back up quality at RB (Krafth, Manquillo, Ashby) and RCB (Lascelles). I can’t ever remember a team playing with two left footed CBs in a 2.

Could this be because there are fewer left sided players, indeed people, in general though?

Guest reefatoon
14 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Him and ASM aye.

Is it not just folks looking at what saleable assets we have that just sit on the bench? 

21 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Targett and ASM combined you would hope would fetch around £50m like

And if we can't sell them, they'll be important first team contenders for the CL campaign. Hardly a disaster if we don't get replacements considering they are proven players at this level.

They don’t just sit on the bench though do they. This is a squad game now and even more so next season when we’re in the CL too. We’re gonna need those squad players.

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, LV said:

They don’t just sit on the bench though do they. This is a squad game now and even more so next season when we’re in the CL too. We’re gonna need those squad players.

Target and ASM have been bench warmers most of the time though haven’t they. Where this is true, if you are needing to shift players for numbers and upgrades (you can only have so many players in your squad) you look at what you can sell that aren’t in your starting 11 first and see what you can get in. If this then helps us bring in more quality for the first 11, then you are building a stronger squad.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

This is true, but if you are needing to shift players for numbers and upgrades (you can only have so many players in your squad) you look at what you can sell that aren’t in your starting 11 first and see what you can get in. If this then helps us bring in more quality for the first 11, then you are building a stronger squad.

Yep. Obviously we aren't going to be selling players for the sake of it, we would only sell if we had identified someone who is an upgrade.