NUFC Transfer Rumours

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

For what it's worth we were linked with Antony earlier that summer before he joined Man Utd.

Has a huge work rate which I'm sure Howe would like, and showed some quality at Ajax.

It's a classic case of Man Utd ruining another young prospect, as he has been a disaster there.

No idea if this interest is true, but if it happens I wouldn't sweat it.

Far more likely he looks good linking up with our two Brazilians and playing for Howe, and in the process making Man Utd look dumb.

I don’t think he fits in with the “no dick heads” policy irrespective of work rate. I’d be astonished if we signed him

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t think he fits in with the “no dick heads” policy irrespective of work rate. I’d be astonished if we signed him

Lascelles will sort him out.

If we can get him cheap, it could be a great transfer. Still a young brazil international with high work rate in a position we need. Being bad at man reds doesnt mean all that much.

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nah, I’m tired of us when we start getting good, ruining it by buying the top 6’s cast offs. We should be avoiding buying anyone from those clubs, unless they had actual potential.

You don't think a 24 year old Brazilian international playing at an absolute shit show of a club under that bald fraud has any potential? Howeh...

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You don't think a 24 year old Brazilian international playing at an absolute shit show of a club under that bald fraud has any potential? Howeh...

EtH and Anthony have worked really well together before Man Utd.

They are both just not good enough for the this league.  

4 minutes ago, dcmk said:

EtH and Anthony have worked really well together before Man Utd.

They are both just not good enough for the this league.  

It's all on ETH iyam. We've seen how easy it is to win the Eredivisie (hello Schteve McClaren) with an utterly shite manager, the PL needs more from a manager other than "Let's pley". Antony just needs an arm round the shoulder and some good tactical direction in an environment that's not one of the biggest pressure cookers in professional football.

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Is Antony suddenly going to gain several extra yards of pace after Eddie's coaching like? There are reason's Antony isn’t suited to this league above and beyond ETH's system

All players we sign gain several yards of pace, this is well established N-O lore.

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I’d be shocked if we replaced one of the most one footed players in the league with a player who is even more one footed.

Maybe that’s the plan, fuse Anthony and Miggy together to make an actual two footed footballer

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

On 08/09/2024 at 10:07, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's all on ETH iyam. We've seen how easy it is to win the Eredivisie (hello Schteve McClaren) with an utterly shite manager, the PL needs more from a manager other than "Let's pley". Antony just needs an arm round the shoulder and some good tactical direction in an environment that's not one of the biggest pressure cookers in professional football.

Going back to him being one footed. It's a serious flaw that will be a lot more apparent when you play in the Prem, because here every margin matters. It makes him a lot easier to defend against, as long as he is not at a different level than the opponent like in Eredivisie. Robben was able to succeed because he was extremely fast and just amazingly good in other parts of his game. How many of the top 20 attackers in the prem right now are one footed to a high degree? 0?

Edited by Erikse

10 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Going back to him being one footed. It's a serious flaw that will be a lot more apparent when you play in the Prem, because here every margin matters. It makes him a lot easier to defend against, as long as he is not at a different level than the opponent like in Eredivisie. Robben was able to succeed because he was extremely fast and just amazingly good in other parts of his game. How many of the top 20 attackers in the prem right now are one footed to a high degree? 0?

Bernardo Silva

18 minutes ago, Erikse said:

One thing you absolutely cannot do with a player that favours a particular foot, is not have any full back support on the outside.

They often paired him with Wan Bissaka who did not overlap and isn't great in forward areas. Was very easy to just double up on Antony.

At Ajax his full back over lapped and the central midfielders on his side under lapped too, which opened up a lot more for him, and created space.

Ten Hag is so bad it's untrue.

1 hour ago, Vaj said:

Bernardo Silva

Forgot about him, yeah.

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think most players in the PL favour one foot to an extent you wouldn’t really expect for the best few hundred footballers in the world. 

I still think wingers playing on the wrong side just annoys the fans. 

Maybe, but there are many levels to this. There's a long way from favouring one foot to being "one footed".