NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Hall would be a great signing. Much much rather him than Tierney. I like Tierney but he is injury prone. 

That’s what ultimately counts against Tierney - you just can’t trust him to stay fit

Hall has all the attributes we need - pace, power, dribbling, passing - decent in the air 

Yes he’s raw - but there is no pressure on him - we can gradually work on him, so when he’s ready - he ain’t being removed from the team 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Have people seen much of Hall?

i saw him a few times for Chelsea last season. Didn’t stand out.  Looked decent. 

Just against us. Thought he did well. He seems highly rated by Chelsea fans too. It’s as much about the options being underwhelming tbh.

Im not confident we will keep Tierney fit especially in Howe’s system. Cucarella might be someone Howe could bring the best out of But he’d be on big wages and was probably a bit overrated anyway when Chelsea paid all that money for him.

23 minutes ago, jack j said:

The prick in me says 30 million for a kid who's done fuck all yet

The rest of me says they've got just about every transfer they've made right so far so shut up

Mate, people were saying £50 million on here earlier!

He hasn't done much, but the signs looked very good last season. 

They also scout all these guys at youth and under 21 level now too.

With the exceptional coaching we have now we can do these kind of deals. It's our big advantage at the moment. Almost every deal we've done has looked like a steal a year later.

Edited by KaKa

Watched a Hall comp. Looks a baller. Pass off both feet.  

Looks like he’s actually a midfielder. Don’t expect he can defend much. Very little first team football. 

Looks a real talent.  But anything over £20m seems excessive to me. 

The Miranda lad looks ready for first team football.   His highlights are full of actual defending. But shows some good ability going forward.  I like that he’s tall and seems a defender first.  I like Burns profile I just think he’s not great.  

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We would never agree to a buy back clause.

£30 million is decent money and a fair price for a really talented young player with potential that so far has played very little.

All these crazy prices have people thinking £30 million is chump change, but it's not. Those Chelsea fans views of fees are completely warped now with their clubs dumb spending, if they think he should be more than that.

Possibly first refusal clause if we were to sell him, maybe some sell on fee %, but no chance of buying him back for a set price. Defeats the purpose - it’s either low fee and then a much higher buy back or a sell on. Not both.

The Caicedo deal force Chelsea to raise additional funds and Hall is the only one they could generate most profits under FFP. Our interest should be genuine or else the loan move to Crystal Palace won’t be blocked in the final hours

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Watched a Hall comp. Looks a baller. Pass off both feet.  

Looks like he’s actually a midfielder. Don’t expect he can defend much. Very little first team football. 

Looks a real talent.  But anything over £20m seems excessive to me. 

The Miranda lad looks ready for first team football.   His highlights are full of actual defending. But shows some good ability going forward.  I like that he’s tall and seems a defender first.  I like Burns profile I just think he’s not great.  

You may call me crazy but I think we should sign both Hall and Miranda.

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think this gets done now.

It does if he makes it clear he wants to come to Newcastle, which as he's a toon fan you would imagine he'd crawl over broken glass to get here.

Just now, NSG said:

Think this could fall into the “make funds available if the right deal becomes available” category.

Probably means no signings in January mind.

Matt Targett to Forest for £15m once they shit the bed in January a la Wood and Shelvey.

Just now, NSG said:

Think this could fall into the “make funds available if the right deal becomes available” category.

Probably means no signings in January mind.

I think January signings were possibly off the table anyway, barring some sort of emergency.