NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, James said:

probably and I am expecting Targett to ask to leave just like he did at Villa

They might be able to persuade Targett that he’s still in the same position and Burn is now considered a backup CB. 

Hall is only 18, ideally I’d want to keep Targett and Burn around. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s a straight 10 for me if we get Hall. 11 if we manage a CB as well :lol:

A 10 would have meant every position sorted out imo. Like the weakest starting positions and the most important backup. Obviously not every spot in the squad. But a CB and RW.

Having said that im more than happy with the window if we sign Hall. Amazing window but not a 10 which would have been flawless. I get your point/rating though which i kind of 

agree with.

Edited by Ikon

I’m not sure about that, I wouldn’t expect absolutely every question to be answered ever really. 

Every signing has been absolutely quality and has a clear plan behind it. All have the potential to be world class.

IMO the weakest starting position is Burn and next Longstaff, Miggy maybe third. But all could be considered important parts of our system. I never really thought we would buy a RW. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, The Prophet said:

Speaking of outgoings, just looking at when some of the fringe lads are out of contract.

Next summer - Manquillo, Lascelles, Hendrick 

Summer 25/26 - Fraser 

Summer 26/27 - Hayden 

It’s like waiting for bad debt to drop off your credit file

4 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

If we sign Hall he’s going to need a senior LB at the club to help him through, he’s barely played there.

Think Trippier's role as full back Dad will be fine. Same sort of role, just one is right footed and one is left. 

Also, fully expect Dan Burn to continue to start consistently at least up to the Xmas period. Feel like the number of games round then is where Hall will get his chance to break in and (ideally) make the spot his own. 

I don't think it can be a 10 if we don't get a CB - all the reports were that we wanted a CM, LB, CB and a forward/winger. Potentially we wanted a second CM but I think Anderson/Miley have changed that and I think the combination of Barnes coming in and Gordon's form means we're pretty set out wide.

9/10 for me if Hall (or a similar quality LB) comes in.

Seems like a 9/10 once Hall comes in.

Ideally Fraser, Hendrick and Hayden would be gone but hopefully that happens in the last couple of days.

Ideally we've not blown everything and still have something left to give in January in case of emergency/to push on if we're still in all competitions.

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

well I’m not going to tell Pep Guardiola how to manage a football team but I think he’s mental to sell Palmer. 

He won’t want to sell him but Palmer is first team ready now, but has to get past Jack Grealish and whoever else. He’s 21 and he’s just won more trophies in one season than Harry Kane has in total. If he’s got ambition, now’s the time to leave. 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We'll get Hall, then I reckon the next signing whether it's this summer, January or next will be a RCB, then we'll start going 'one-in, one-out' when it comes to first team squad transfers.

Next summer will be a first XI ready forward.

20 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Targett is a West Ham type signing.

Aye, I like him as a person and he did a fantastic job for us but he isn’t the long term fit for that position so if there is a PL club looking for a left back I think we’d be wise to sell him. If we can get Hall that is 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Think Trippier's role as full back Dad will be fine. Same sort of role, just one is right footed and one is left. 

Also, fully expect Dan Burn to continue to start consistently at least up to the Xmas period. Feel like the number of games round then is where Hall will get his chance to break in and (ideally) make the spot his own. 

Yeah good point on Tripper, makes a lot of sense. 

28 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Seems like a 9/10 once Hall comes in.

Ideally Fraser, Hendrick and Hayden would be gone but hopefully that happens in the last couple of days.

Ideally we've not blown everything and still have something left to give in January in case of emergency/to push on if we're still in all competitions.

Unless we get an injury or their is a stupendous opportunity out there I don't actually want any January activity now. There's been a shit load of turnover in the last 18 months and I'd like to see it given a year to settle down and then move to a 2-3 signings per summer and 1 each January

As decent as the windows been

If you'd said to most people we'd sign these 4 for 150 million at the start of the summer they wouldn't be saying its a 8 out of 10 nevermind a 10

#js

Edited by jack j

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

?

Most people would have said 70 million on 2 unproven full backs is a canny wedge. Alot wanted a ready made replacement straight in for Dan Burn

Plenty wanted Maddison and a few others over Harvey Barnes

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

As decent as the windows been

If you'd said to most people we'd sign these 4 for 150 million at the start of the summer they wouldn't be saying its a 8 out of 10 nevermind a 10

#js

Two young full backs with world class potential, 15 goals a season winger and a 23 year old AC Milan captain for price slightly bigger than one Caicedo? I take it

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Most people would have said 70 million on 2 unproven full backs is a canny wedge. Alot wanted a ready made replacement straight in for Dan Burn

Plenty wanted Maddison and a few others over Harvey Barnes

Tbf the ‘Madders’ love-in was just fucking bizarre to me.  Looked completely unsuited to us - whereas Barnes looked like a Howe player.  I completely take your point, though - plenty may not have been happy.  It would have sounded like a cracking window to me.