NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, ryanegg said:

Nicky Butt and Alan Smith didn’t do too bad for us did they? 

I really hope that’s sarcasm. Alan Smith is just about the worst player I’ve ever seen in our shirt. Factor in the financials and the number of appearances and he wins that award hands down. 

8 hours ago, Ronaldo said:
11 hours ago, ryanegg said:

Nicky Butt and Alan Smith didn’t do too bad for us did they? 

I really hope that’s sarcasm. Alan Smith is just about the worst player I’ve ever seen in our shirt. Factor in the financials and the number of appearances and he wins that award hands down

Yeah that's an awful take. :lol: I know the whole place absolutely stunk to high heaven but Butt being the linchpin was arguably the main reason why we were one of the three worst teams in the league in a purely footballing sense. Just dreadful.

If I could sign 2 players at this exact moment to improve us I would say Nico Williams and Manu Kone.

I’ve come to the conclusion now I would push Bruno further forward he just doesn’t provide enough protection for back 4.

Think if we had a real defensive presence in front of back 4, Howe would also be more inclined to play an attacking left back.

Rumours Kone could be available for 20 million in January would be all over that.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

I'd love Paqueta here still, but I think a CB and a proper DM are more pressing if money is tight. When Willock is fit we have at least 5 very good CMs 

Yeah cb, dm and a rw/striker type must be our priority next year. Got enough in the middle 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Yeah cb, dm and a rw/striker type must be our priority next year. Got enough in the middle 

For me the order is

1.CB (the drop off from Schar and Botman is huge)

2.DM (All top sides over here have a proper one, would also allow us to play 4-2-3-1)

3. Creative attacker - 10/RW

4. Whatever Howe wants (as long as its not another full back)

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

For me the order is

1.CB (the drop off from Schar and Botman is huge)

2.DM (All top sides over here have a proper one, would also allow us to play 4-2-3-1)

3. Creative attacker - 10/RW

4. Whatever Howe wants (as long as its not another full back)

Definitely cb is a massive one. Think Wilson getting another year delays the out and out striker issue til we can go big. 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are interested in Alcaraz from Southampton according to Alex Crook (TalkSPORT). He’s usually pretty spot on with Southampton news.

Good age and potential but not sure where he would fit in. Need a RW and RCB first imo.