NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Think we'll need to move away from the 3 centre mids formation. Don't think there's many top teams that play with a sole striker with so few midfielders near them.

Would love a number 10 or to play Isak there for a bit

7 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are interested in Alcaraz from Southampton according to Alex Crook (TalkSPORT). He’s usually pretty spot on with Southampton news.

If he's the player I am thinking of wasn't he a proper agro little git in the cup games last year, I thought he looked class.

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think we'll need to move away from the 3 centre mids formation. Don't think there's many top teams that play with a sole striker with so few midfielders near them.

Would love a number 10 or to play Isak there for a bit

Be good to see how Bruno and Tonali would work as the midfield 2. We definitely need a better link between midfield and attack, much like Alvarez provides Man City now behind Haaland.

Also think Isak would be very dangerous in a floating role.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Weird one, Isak and Wilson are both better than him.

Agreed but I guess they’re looking at the fact Wilson is on the wrong side of 30 and prone the odd injury. If it was me I’d just spend the Toney cash on the best performance enhancing drugs there is, pump them into Wilson 24/7 and hope we don’t get caught and get another 15 years out of Wilson. 

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Is that true?  I thought he admitted he was not good enough at the time?

He did I think

edit: he was quoted- “Rafa came in and didn’t see me in his plans which is fair enough, these decisions aren’t the end of the world”.

Edited by Gawalls

Just now, Dokko said:

huge chip on his shoulder over his time here. No thanks, and don't think he'd come here unless we were his only option. 

I agree, whilst a good fit for Wilson there's something about him that suggests he's not a good fit for the dressing room. 

His reaction to scoring a goal against us in the 3-3 was strange, as if it was the crowds fault things didn't work out for him here. 

Then from kissing the Brentford badge he then slags them off on social media with no apparent motive. The betting scandal is another mark on his character applying greed and stupidity.

Let Chelsea or someone like that have him, the club will identify a better fit 

3 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I agree, whilst a good fit for Wilson there's something about him that suggests he's not a good fit for the dressing room. 

His reaction to scoring a goal against us in the 3-3 was strange, as if it was the crowds fault things didn't work out for him here. 

Then from kissing the Brentford badge he then slags them off on social media with no apparent motive. The betting scandal is another mark on his character applying greed and stupidity.

Let Chelsea or someone like that have him, the club will identify a better fit 

To be fair I reckon we all said the same about Gordon when he was at Everton.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

To be fair I reckon we all said the same about Gordon when he was at Everton.

I remember Gordon obviously squaring up to trippier and schar but to be fair he was just fighting his corner on his own, it's probably something that Howe liked in him.

I really can't remember if he's ever done anything to deliberately wind up the crowd or done anything naughty off the field? 

2 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I remember Gordon obviously squaring up to trippier and schar but to be fair he was just fighting his corner on his own, it's probably something that Howe liked in him.

I really can't remember if he's ever done anything to deliberately wind up the crowd or done anything naughty off the field? 

You’re kidding

He was the worst for diving and winding people up deliberately whilst at Everton, doesn’t do that now but let’s not pretend otherwise.