NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

You’re kidding

He was the worst for diving and winding people up deliberately whilst at Everton, doesn’t do that now but let’s not pretend otherwise.

Who is he supposed to have wound up?

Just now, SteV said:

Who is he supposed to have wound up?

Everton for starters when we played them - we won putting them in the relegation spot and he fist pumped in front of their crowd and down the tunnel in front of Everton players. He got a lot of slack for a really bad dive and play acting when Everton played Liverpool with pundits going as far to say he’s getting a really bad reputation for diving. We all know the incident against us.

These alone are more than Toneys “on the field / match day” antics and all I’m saying is Howe feels Toney is a good player I don’t expect him to be put off by what he’s done - bearing in mind he did score more than any of our goal scorers last season and that’s for Brentford.

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Everton for starters when we played them - we won putting them in the relegation spot and he fist pumped in front of their crowd and down the tunnel in front of Everton players. He got a lot of slack for a really bad dive and play acting when Everton played Liverpool with pundits going as far to say he’s getting a really bad reputation for diving. We all know the incident against us.

These alone are more than Toneys “on the field / match day” antics and all I’m saying is Howe feels Toney is a good player I don’t expect him to be put off by what he’s done - bearing in mind he did score more than any of our goal scorers last season and that’s for Brentford.

I think you make a decent point actually, those examples I can't remember but are valid. One thing I can remember is that he seemed to deliberately miss training with Everton to force his transfer, however at the time the Everton supporters were behaving like a lynch mob around the players so maybe he was advised not to train? 

I don't have much of a problem with what goes on the pitch unless it is week after week cheating. Sometimes I think how I would feel if Murphy was waving one of our players off or Bruno celebrating a tackle against us....

Maybe toneys badge kissing was actually a compliment on how gutted he was that he didn't stay with us, who knows. 

I just can't shake how much of a dope Toney seems to be.

Obviously Rafa didn't see the worth in persevering and Toney himself has even since said he understood why. But even though he's managed to become a quality PL striker, he's still getting done for brazen gambling, the 'fuck Brentford' video.. I just feel like at this stage the club should have the resources to seek out a player who could be just as impactful but without as much risk of imploding his own good work.

As ever though, if Howe and the club disagree then I'll cross my fingers and trust them. I was sceptical of Gordon and now I bloody love the bastard. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Shak said:

Interesting that we are being linked with top prospects who are out and out CFs.

Suggests that Eddie doesn't see Isak leading the line in years to come and is looking for someone that can play off.

Maybe eventually we will go

Pope

Trippier/Tino, schar, botman, hall 

Bruno, tonali

New RWF  Isak,  Gordon

Wilson 

Joe willocks versatility allowing him to play anywhere behind the striker and longstaff able to come in for Bruno or tonali 

14 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Maybe eventually we will go

Pope

Trippier/Tino, schar, botman, hall 

Bruno, tonali

New RWF  Isak,  Gordon

Wilson 

Joe willocks versatility allowing him to play anywhere behind the striker and longstaff able to come in for Bruno or tonali 

If this was the plan I think we’d have seen it by now

i can see it being used when chasing a game but don’t think we’ll have a formation change this season

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Smith-Rowe potentially wanting out of Arsenal in January if he doesn't get more game time. He's talented but haven't seen enough of him to know if he'd fit our style well.

Not getting in at Arsenal as Arteta doesn’t feel he can press for 90 minutes. Would rule us out I think.

8 hours ago, Gawalls said:

You said “whilst at Everton”.

So who did he wind up then?

Hypothetical scenario as it is, and I don't want to sell either of them, but it's incredible to think that if we sold them to Real Madrid in January, the owners would nearly get back what they paid for the entire club 2 years ago :lol: 

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Hypothetical scenario as it is, and I don't want to sell either of them, but it's incredible to think that if we sold them to Real Madrid in January, the owners would nearly get back what they paid for the entire club 2 years ago :lol: 

And thus the plans are explained.