NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If Isak is out for a couple of weeks and Wilson gets injured (not beyond the realms of possibiliy considering the number of games we have & his injury record) we may need Gordon to slot in as a striker.

Would love to see Miley get some playing time.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Matt Ritchie surely isn’t considered a viable option.

But signing another player, bedding them in, training them up for 6-month before sending them packing is?

It's pretty obvious Howe trusts his squad and I don't see how Ritchie is any different. 'Shite' Paul Dummet was excellent against Man City.

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

But signing another player, bedding them in, training them up for 6-month before sending them packing is?

It's pretty obvious Howe trusts his squad and I don't see how Ritchie is any different. 'Shite' Paul Dummet was excellent against Man City.

That’s more viable than playing Ritchie. Not sure Howe trusts Ritchie to be starting games for us, he was kept on for his character more than anything else.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

That’s more viable than playing Ritchie. Not sure Howe trusts Ritchie to be starting games for us, he was kept on for his character more than anything else.

You think Howe extended his near £50k a week contract for his character?

Do you not think he also did it because he trusts him as a squad player and will happily put him in when needed?

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You think Howe extended his near £50k a week contract for his character?

Do you not think he also did it because he trusts him as a squad player and will happily put him in when needed?

His absolute lack of minutes suggest he’s very much an emergency back up. 

The injuries are a pain in the arse but the upside is that some of the new signings and young lads will get more experience. I didn’t particularly expect us to get to the next stage of the champions league and I wasn’t expecting top four again so I reckons in the long term this will help with consistency through the squad. 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'm going with click bait.

There were two football journalists discussing that on Sky Sports this morning, they seemed to think it was doable but would attract all the wrong type of attention given both clubs are owned by PIF.

5 hours ago, TRon said:

There were two football journalists discussing that on Sky Sports this morning, they seemed to think it was doable but would attract all the wrong type of attention given both clubs are owned by PIF.

Who gives a fuck. A body’s a body. He would tick a box. Bring him home [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

30 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I'd imagine Tino or Hall would would get the nod over Ritchie on the wing if we were that desperate. 

I think I’d genuinely lose a lot of respect for Howe were he to start Ritchie in a PL game. He won’t, of course. He knows Ritchie’s completely done at anything approaching a competitive level.

38 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I think I’d genuinely lose a lot of respect for Howe were he to start Ritchie in a PL game. He won’t, of course. He knows Ritchie’s completely done at anything approaching a competitive level.

He won’t start but there’s a good chance we’ll see a bit more of Ritchie in the coming weeks. He might be done at premiership level but at least he’ll work his bollocks off. Can put in a decent cross too.