NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

17 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Bet we see more of Anderson than Miley when he’s fit. 

Disagree. I think Anderson is a decent ball carrier but I don't see much else, or any other attribute that can be at our desired level. 

21 minutes ago, Menace said:

Brobbey needs 5 chances to score

From what I've read the third striker is going to be a younger guy to develop further. And so the priority will likely be their desire to work and improve, as well as a perceived room for more growth.

However, due to the injury history of the current two we have, the 3rd striker will still need to be someone with first team experience at a decent level as he will likely need to play a fair bit too.

Taking that all into account it is likely to be someone like Brobbey that isn't the finished article yet.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Very very powerful front man. Holds off defenders very well and so the ball sticks. Also pretty mobile and dynamic, without having huge pace.

Kind of plays with his back to goal in build up and has good link up play, and is really unselfish and sets up his team mates to score off of his hold up. Mostly scores in the box from close quarters.

A bit like Lukaku in overall style of play, but plays with a ton more desire, energy and commitment, but perhaps doesn't have the natural talent level Lukaku does, as I'm not sure he's as quick or as consistent a finisher.

So kind of like rondon do you think? 

1 hour ago, Jagten said:

Disagree. I think Anderson is a decent ball carrier but I don't see much else, or any other attribute that can be at our desired level. 

He'll be a good player and so will Miley, who will both be a part of our home grown quota and squad moving forward. Anderson is a better than decent ball carrier and has been more effective offensively with the caveat of having more playing time than our lad Miley.  I tend to side with Eddie, who is quite obviously playing Miley out of necessity rather than desire. 

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 1.29.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 1.30.48 PM.png

54 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

He'll be a good player and so will Miley, who will both be a part of our home grown quota and squad moving forward. Anderson is a better than decent ball carrier and has been more effective offensively with the caveat of having more playing time than our lad Miley.  I tend to side with Eddie, who is quite obviously playing Miley out of necessity rather than desire. 

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 1.29.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 1.30.48 PM.png

This isn't a model FWIW, which you would need to infer latent talent. It's a signal but the noise is high. I think he might end up good enough but not in the middle. 

Edited by Jagten

23 hours ago, BullyDogs said:

Realistically so does Joelinton hes very physical in the midfield but his technical ability and goal threat leave a lot to be desired 

He's working on the goal threat at least, what a rocket! ?

53 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Unless we can get one of our top targets, I’d leave the business till the summer window. No need for stop gap signings now imo, once January comes, the schedule eases significantly.

Think this all depends on how realistically doable they see top 4. With the current lads (assuming no more mental runs with injury) we should be good for at least 6th once we get into the new year and have most of them back.

If they want top 4 (and it is looking like it needs to be 4th with us and Man U going out at the group stage this year), we will likely need at least a couple, ideally 3. CM, forward who can play across the line, GK. 

There was a report a little while back that targets would be clearer once we had an idea of whether or not we'd be continuing in Europe.

Probably would have pushed the boat out more for more accomplished players if we were still involved in some European competition, but that will probably wait till the summer now.

Likely look more at younger prospects with decent experience to flesh out the squad now.

7 hours ago, BullyDogs said:

A goalie a RW and a CM please....no more Dubravka and Almiron

I really hope we go for someone like a Bakayoko as RW - ticks all the boxes for me  - him and Minteh together competing and playing together on occasions would be very exciting 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think this all depends on how realistically doable they see top 4. With the current lads (assuming no more mental runs with injury) we should be good for at least 6th once we get into the new year and have most of them back.

If they want top 4 (and it is looking like it needs to be 4th with us and Man U going out at the group stage this year), we will likely need at least a couple, ideally 3. CM, forward who can play across the line, GK. 

We aren't getting top 4 this season and top 6 is not happening if we stick with Dubravka in goal