NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'm in the no point and keep it for tge summer camp. Not arsed about any further results, just get the young players blooded and up to speed, and start getting some of the fringe out the club ready to invest in the summer. 

Will remind you of this [emoji38]

Just now, Shearergol said:

Will remind you of this [emoji38]

You can. I just didn't want to go through another derby defeat. Could not win again this season, I'm fine with it, don't think the club would be though. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Unless we make a big sale, we haven’t got 150 million to spend 

The first window under this ownership will fall off in terms of FFP so that will free us up more than we had last summer, where we still spent a fair amount. I think the signing of Pope falls off too due to being completed before July 1st.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The first window under this ownership will fall off in terms of FFP so that will free us up more than we had last summer, where we still spent a fair amount. I think the signing of Pope falls off too due to being completed before July 1st.

It goes over 3 years, the owners won’t have even owned us for 3 years until October.

Pope is only in his 2nd season here.

10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Fuck Financial Play! 

The club are playing with a straight bat - so we are where we are.  We don’t bring the money in to go crackers in the market.  Take 22/23, when we finished 4th.  Football clubs will produce their accounts around the end of April.  We’re likely to have had an income around £260-280m - which is a massive increase.  Spurs - the poorest of the sky six - will likely show a big drop from the year before, but will still likely post £440-470m. 

The current season will have gains from Sela and the CL groups - but also we’re likely to finish lower (PL placings are worth c.£2.5m per place).  Say CL revenues of £40m (incl gates) and Sela is worth £20m - but we finish 7th.  We’re likely looking at income of £300-320m this year - again, we’ll be over £100m behind the sixth-richest club.  We just can’t spend what they spend.

Next season will likely have no CL football - so while the adidas deal is worth c.£40m, that won’t actually mean revenues increase next year.  We’re miles away from being able to spend megabucks. 

If FFP and FMV remain in place, we’re basically at our likely ceiling.

(Though there is a lot of commercials which are left on the table at present - not great.  And of course a new stadium would help smash FFP)

Edited by TheBrownBottle

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The club are playing with a straight bat - so we are where we are.  We don’t bring the money in to go crackers in the market.  Take 22/23, when we finished 4th.  Football clubs will produce their accounts around the end of April.  We’re likely to have had an income around £260-280m - which is a massive increase.  Spurs - the poorest of the sky six - will likely show a big drop from the year before, but will still likely post £440-470m. 

The current season will have gains from Sela and the CL groups - but also we’re likely to finish lower (PL placings are worth c.£2.5m per place).  Say CL revenues of £40m (incl gates) and Sela is worth £20m - but we finish 7th.  We’re likely looking at income of £300-320m this year - again, we’ll be over £100m behind the sixth-richest club.  We just can’t spend what they spend.

Next season will likely have no CL football - so while the adidas deal is worth c.£40m, that won’t actually mean revenues increase next year.  We’re miles away from being able to spend megabucks. 

If FFP and FMV remain in place, we’re basically at our likely ceiling. 

Signings incoming them [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It goes over 3 years, the owners won’t have even owned us for 3 years until October.

Pope is only in his 2nd season here.

It isn’t a rolling 3 years though.

10 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

All of those player purchases during that period still hit the books though - they’re amortised over the length of the contract.   And we just don’t sell players, which completely fucks us.  

edit: as in Pope’s fee will still hit next year’s books.  The losses in 21-22 are accounting losses. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

All of those player purchases during that period still hit the books though - they’re amortised over the length of the contract.   And we just don’t sell players, which completely fucks us.  

If they fall outside of the FFP window then amortisation isn’t an issue, we can lose as much as we like then.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

If they fall outside of the FFP window then amortisation isn’t an issue, we can lose as much as we like then.

This isn't the case or Chelsea wouldn't have been handing out daft 8 year contracts like they were before the loophole was closed. 

Just now, Matt1892 said:

It still is - the fees aren’t split over the rolling three years, they’re split over the length of the contract.  So if we’ve spend £440m on players and they’re on 5 year deals, and next year is year 4, then £88m will sit in next year’s FFP accounts for amortised transfers. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It still is - the fees aren’t split over the rolling three years, they’re split over the length of the contract.  So if we’ve spend £440m on players and they’re on 5 year deals, and next year is year 4, then £88m will sit in next year’s FFP accounts for amortised transfers. 

You are right, I was talking from a cash point of view.

I think people will be surprised at our summer business. Our owners are here to compete for the top trophies, and although no one expects us to next season, it'll be important that we use every summer to close the gap, we're not going to do that spending 60 or 80 million.

I don't know the exact FFP figures with regards what we can spend but our owners and those running the club know we can't just stand still for another season and we'll be doing that by spending so little when the squad still needs big investment. They'll have a plan and it could well include selling a prized asset like Bruno to allow us to really go hard on incomings. We'll see, but I'm fairly confident the spending will be well north of £100m again. 

I don’t mind nipping down the Tesco Extra in Wallsend and pinning an advert on their community board

”For sale: collection of unwanted professional footballers, sold as seen, £35 or nearest offer. Must be taken as a job lot. Will deliver” 

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I don’t mind nipping down the Tesco Extra in Wallsend and pinning an advert on their community board

”For sale: collection of unwanted professional footballers, sold as seen, £35 or nearest offer. Must be taken as a job lot. Will deliver” 

Just make sure that it is clear that 'will deliver' is your guarantee of service - I wouldn't want you being sued for breach of contract for promising that Ryan Fraser delivers

10 minutes ago, Decky said:

I think people will be surprised at our summer business. Our owners are here to compete for the top trophies, and although no one expects us to next season, it'll be important that we use every summer to close the gap, we're not going to do that spending 60 or 80 million.

I don't know the exact FFP figures with regards what we can spend but our owners and those running the club know we can't just stand still for another season and we'll be doing that by spending so little when the squad still needs big investment. They'll have a plan and it could well include selling a prized asset like Bruno to allow us to really go hard on incomings. We'll see, but I'm fairly confident the spending will be well north of £100m again. 

I think we'll spend north of 100m - but it'll be supported by sales