NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

Get Phillips and Hayden in there and we won't even see any difference. Thanks for the memories Bruno.

Worried joelinton will die of takotsubo if Bruno goes. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

No it doesn't.

The ethos should come from people likely to be in position 5+ years. Like Ownership and Technical Directors. You then hire managers who will buy into that approach. That's increasingly the model in the Premier League and across Europe.

At this juncture if your a club who lets the manager buy his own players you are setting yourself up for failure. 

The sporting director should be the long term hire, and he should have an assistant who is prime to takeover if he departs. They should share the same philosophy with regards to football and appoint a manager who also shares it. 

in this FFP era you can’t turnover your squad quickly or efficiently; you have to have a consistent approach to things. 

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

That's why I think he don't want to play in France. He wants challenge himself and play at the highest level so either England or Spain.

Fair play, I can see that too but it’s not so easy I think. Real have no use for him and Barca can’t afford him. So he’s left with City or Liverpool if he wants to realise that ambition. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No it doesn't.

The ethos should come from people likely to be in position 5+ years. Like Ownership and Technical Directors. You then hire managers who will buy into that approach. That's increasingly the model in the Premier League and across Europe.

When I say that it goes without reason that the manager has been put in place with that ethos in mind.

Let be go deeper. Howe just doesn’t like the way that Miggy constantly gets things wrong. So would like a new RW who can get quality balls in the box.

Then the club buy a Left Winger and sell one and don’t replace Miggy.

Thats theoretical of course…… or is it.

Just now, vexred said:

@r0cafella that's why Man Utd are such a mess. Their squad is full of players from 3 or 4 different managers. 

Absolutely, zero leadership and zero continuity. They get away with it because of massive revenue. 

This is one of the long term worries I have with our approach tbh, our squad is very unbalanced and can only do one thing we are highly dependent on Eddie getting it right. 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Personally think Ramos is made for us, much more conventional striker than Isak so would be a good replacement for Wilson. Isak and Ramos could definitely play together and do so better than Isak and Wilson as Wilson doesn’t have the same pace and movement at this stage

Played a big role in Nunez scoring so many in his last year at Benfica, as Ramos played in tandem with him often.

He then took the lead role after Nunez left and led the line, scoring a bunch of goals himself.

Would be a great pickup. Very well rounded striker that would thrive in a more direct team.

PSG do not suit his strengths at all.

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

What makes you say that? France is perfect for him imo. Guaranteed trophies, CL every year, gets to live in one of the best cities in the world and knows the language.

Its such an easy option for him. 

Aye, but can you get decent stotties? 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Absolutely, zero leadership and zero continuity. They get away with it because of massive revenue. 

This is one of the long term worries I have with our approach tbh, our squad is very unbalanced and can only do one thing we are highly dependent on Eddie getting it right. 

Agreed.

That's why i'm not enthused by the Ederson links. He's another big, physical midfielder, great athlete, not technically superior. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Howe isn’t the only manager who plays in a similar style though, we aren’t the first team to play in this manner. Bielsa, Klopp, Nagelsman and many other managers who are a fan of Gen Gen pressing, could conceivably come in and pick up where Eddie left us in this hypothetical scenario.

The issue comes only if this board are like the Shepherd/Hall regime and flip-flop wildly between management styles and playing philosophies, with each subsequent appointment.

5 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Howe isn’t the only manager who plays in a similar style though, we aren’t the first team to play in this manner. Bielsa, Klopp, Nagelsman and many other managers who are a fan of Gen Gen pressing, could conceivably come in and pick up where Eddie left us in this hypothetical scenario.

The issue comes only if this board are like the Shepherd/Hall regime and flip-flop wildly between management styles and playing philosophies, with each subsequent appointment.

Absolutely aye. But most of the coaches mentioned also employ a degree of tactical flexibility and I’m sure wouldn’t appreciate a square with our midfield balance. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Absolutely aye. But most of the coaches mentioned also employ a degree of tactical flexibility and I’m sure wouldn’t appreciate a square with our midfield balance. 

Probably, but it’s the kind of thing that can be addressed in a single window if done cleverly.

6 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Probably, but it’s the kind of thing that can be addressed in a single window if done cleverly.

Not if you don’t have FFP headroom you can’t. 

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Played a big role in Nunez scoring so many in his last year at Benfica, as Ramos played in tandem with him often.

He then took the lead role after Nunez left and led the line, scoring a bunch of goals himself.

Would be a great pickup. Very well rounded striker that would thrive in a more direct team.

PSG do not suit his strengths at all.

If you play for one of the top clubs in Portugal you're likely going to hit numbers, perhaps why Nunez and Ramos aren't quite as prolific at clubs they have moved to, and would equally find it very difficult to produce such numbers consistently.

Goncalo Ramos best season he hit 19 goals, with another player not known for prolific scoring in Joao Mario hitting 17 himself. Taremi finishing top on 22. Pizzi and Carlos Vinicius both hit 18 each playing for Benfica.

31 year old Haris Seferovic hit 22 goals again for Benfica, I'm talking over the past few seasons here.

Playing for the likes of Sporting or Benfica will almost guarantee you goals, again Taremi for Porto has hit the numbers consistently in his time in Portugal. 

Ramos is probably one of those that had a good season, equally Nunes, I don't think either would produce 20+ a season in the Premier league.

Jonas and Bas Dost used to produce unreal numbers in the Portuguese division, I really don't think you can read too much into it with players who have played for those top sides in Portugal, with obvious exception to huge talents like Ronaldo.

Similar situation with Joao Felix.

17 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

If you play for one of the top clubs in Portugal you're likely going to hit numbers, perhaps why Nunez and Ramos aren't quite as prolific at clubs they have moved to, and would equally find it very difficult to produce such numbers consistently.

Goncalo Ramos best season he hit 19 goals, with another player not known for prolific scoring in Joao Mario hitting 17 himself. Taremi finishing top on 22. Pizzi and Carlos Vinicius both hit 18 each playing for Benfica.

31 year old Haris Seferovic hit 22 goals again for Benfica, I'm talking over the past few seasons here.

Playing for the likes of Sporting or Benfica will almost guarantee you goals, again Taremi for Porto has hit the numbers consistently in his time in Portugal. 

Ramos is probably one of those that had a good season, equally Nunes, I don't think either would produce 20+ a season in the Premier league.

Jonas and Bas Dost used to produce unreal numbers in the Portuguese division, I really don't think you can read too much into it with players who have played for those top sides in Portugal, with obvious exception to huge talents like Ronaldo.

Similar situation with Joao Felix.

For me personally, I'm basing it on watching him play.

Really appreciate his mix of physicality, technique, movement and link up play. He's a great all around forward, and was just 20/21 at the time.

Having seen a fair bit of Nunez at Benfica during the same period, he was more of a supreme athlete that you wanted getting in behind. He thrived with either Ramos dropping in to play off him, or with a technical number 10 behind him. I'm not convinced Liverpool are setup to get the best out of him. 

I'm always more interested in what a player does on the pitch rather than numbers, because often times the right team fit or setup influences that more. I remember a number of people going on about Isak's low numbers in Spain when we signed him and I mentioned a lot of it had to do with Sociedad's style. It was clear he would thrive for us in the Premier League due to his attributes and how we play.

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

For me personally, I'm basing it on watching him play.

Really appreciate his mix of physicality, technique, movement and link up play. He's a great all around forward, and was just 20/21 at the time.

Having seen a fair bit of Nunez at Benfica during the same period, he was more of a supreme athlete that you wanted getting in behind. He thrived with either Ramos dropping in to play off him, or with a technical number 10 behind him. I'm not convinced Liverpool are setup to get the best out of him. 

I'm always more interested in what a player does on the pitch rather than numbers, because often times the right team fit or setup influences that more. I remember a number of people going on about Isak's low numbers in Spain when we signed him and I mentioned a lot of it had to do with Sociedad's style. It was clear he would thrive for us in the Premier League due to his attributes and how we play.

How often have you watched him play [emoji38]

Edited by mighty__mag

The only side I could see Bruno realistically moving to is PSG. Barca haven't the money for that type of signing and Real have a previous of talented young midfielders, I don't think we'd do business with any PL sides. Hard as it'd be to see him go I'd be all for it if we saw some murky sweetheart deal between the Saudi's and Qatari's where he moves for a massive sum, like the Saudi bid for Mbappe last year.

18 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

How often have you wat him play [emoji38]

BT Sport and now Discovery cover the Portuguese league and show a bunch of Porto, Sporting and Benfica games.

Don't know why some of you continuously act as if it is so difficult to watch football nowadays. 

We were being linked with Nunez a bunch that season he broke out and I was watching them loads mostly because of that. The following season we started being linked with Ramos too.

Most of the football I ultimately watch from other leagues will either be because of a Nigerian player I want to see more of, or to watch players we've been linked with that I I want to see.

It's not rocket science.