NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Gaztoon said:

I'm loving this journey ..I never expected 100m signings and 300k a week players..we're buying players that in the future will command that type of money ..but we'll be in a position to offer it in time..

Last season was atleast 2-3 years earlier than expected.. brilliant that it was it may not happen next season.. and that's ok because the journey is still on course.

Exactly where I'm at. Think next season PL-wise will be like 94/95, drop a place or two, but in the bigger picture you know its all going forward and gearing up all the while, so can't get vexed

Also for all the comments like “how can Chelsea keep spending, etc” they have made more selling just Havertz and Kovacic than we have made from player sales in the last five years.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Agree with the loan to buy approach depending on how many more players we want actually become available.

Whats your (anyone’s actually) view on Chiesa? Few years ago he looked the real deal. Has he lost a few yards of pace or movement since his injuries? Any sign of him recovering that form? Or is his demise exaggerated? Not seen him play since those Euro’s.

Tbf I haven't seen him since the Euros either, I'm basing my high opinion of him on his performances then. He looked like the finished article, the type of player who wins big games.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Tbf I haven't seen him since the Euros either, I'm basing my high opinion of him on his performances then. He looked like the finished article, the type of player who wins big games.

Fair enough ??

Anyone else seen him play last couple of years?

1 hour ago, Toon88 said:

If we don’t bag £5m from Darlow, I’d be disappointed, especially given he’s got two years left

Lascelles is another one I think we could bag £8-£10m on. I’d sell and sign Tosin Adarabioyo for free. Would be great business.

Think the problem we'll find is their wages here are probably far in excess of what clubs of their ability would pay. I'm guessing Darlow will be on £20-30k, Lascelles £40-50k? 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Haven't been able to check the original source, but seen a few links to Barnes. Big fan, but would surely be the end of ASM?

You would think so with Gordon there too. Think Barnes can play through the middle too can't he? 

With ASM I think we missed his peak value. Keeping him in the squad another year probably won't negatively affect his current value and he does offer a bit of versatility as a back up forward. I'd be happy to get Barnes but keep ASM for this year. FFP probably thinks different.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think the problem we'll find is their wages here are probably far in excess of what clubs of their ability would pay. I'm guessing Darlow will be on £20-30k, Lascelles £40-50k? 

Darlow to Bournemouth and Lascelles to Wolves ??

Both well within the wage structures of either club.

Barnes isn’t what we need. He is limited as a player. He’s not really gonna be much help for us with creativity or playing against teams defending more deeply. Massive no from me. Good player but not what we need imo.

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Darlow to Bournemouth and Lascelles to Wolves ??

Both well within the wage structures of either club.

He'd be number 3 at Bournemouth wouldn't he? Wolves could sign better from the continent than Lascelles for about 60-70% of the wage. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Barnes isn’t what we need. He is limited as a player. He’s not really gonna be much help for us with creativity or playing against teams defending more deeply. Massive no from me. Good player but not what we need imo.

We've got Barnesy on the left-wing

He's not exactly what we need.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Barnes isn’t what we need. He is limited as a player. He’s not really gonna be much help for us with creativity or playing against teams defending more deeply. Massive no from me. 

I'd much rather we get Nelson from Arsenal tbh. He has much more alligned attributes to what Howe wants. We can probably to better than both though.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I dunno like, I kind of liked the mind-bending crassness of the 8mosphere one. You guys are so vanilla.

Big nondescript grey jumpsuits energy in here, like. :pardsgrin:

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Lavia wanted to leave though. Players can force through transfers. 

There’s no chance of Johnson going from Forest to Everton though. It’s a sideways step at best.   

Forest have done all the meaningful pro development of the lad and if he was sold he would be sold to a team that finished above Forest.  

I just spent 5 minutes thinking of something. I’m sure those at FIFA towers could think of a way to ensure sell-on clauses benefit smaller clubs rather than larger ones. If they wanted too. Which they obviously don’t. 

I think it's a difficult situation because of football being a contradiction. 

Every team has the same chance of winning the league (statistically) on the first day of the season. We both know the reality of the situation is that there's only three or four teams that feel viable as candidates to win the league. 

After that you do have a decent amount of chopping and changing among the teams. Leicester going down showed that. The reason I say all of this is because it makes governance difficult. Ideally you'd want the laws to help the smaller clubs and impede the bigger clubs to boost competition - a bit like the NBA draft lottery - but you can't because every team is supposed to be treat equally. 

Even my sliding scale has some issues because if you buy a player from the lower leagues and develop him then you're cheating that team out of vital money. Caps would have the same issue sadly. 

I'm super interested in how we navigate this window. Seems like we're skint after Tonali, but you'd be a mug to use up all the resources on one player, so there's got to be a plan. 

Deadwood FC. Have been for about 15 years. I'm glad it's not my job to figure this shit out. 

15 minutes ago, Viana said:

I think it's a difficult situation because of football being a contradiction. 

Every team has the same chance of winning the league (statistically) on the first day of the season. We both know the reality of the situation is that there's only three or four teams that feel viable as candidates to win the league. 

After that you do have a decent amount of chopping and changing among the teams. Leicester going down showed that. The reason I say all of this is because it makes governance difficult. Ideally you'd want the laws to help the smaller clubs and impede the bigger clubs to boost competition - a bit like the NBA draft lottery - but you can't because every team is supposed to be treat equally. 

Even my sliding scale has some issues because if you buy a player from the lower leagues and develop him then you're cheating that team out of vital money. Caps would have the same issue sadly. 

True, but not being allowed to have both a buy back and sell-on seems very straightforward and sensible. 

16 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Nah. We went from being able to sign AC Milan captains to losing Maddison and Szoboszlai during these dark times.

Gonna be laughs when we sign Maguire in these Great Value thread title days.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

Big nondescript grey jumpsuits energy in here, like. :pardsgrin:

You're too edgy for this lot Mike. They all probably think Adam P's Tonali chant is great as well, the dopey bastards. :banana:

Edited by TRon

10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

True, but not being allowed to have both a buy back and sell-on seems very straightforward and sensible. 

That's a great point. You could absolutely start by making it so clubs can only include one in a deal.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Douglas linking us with Barnes and Tyler Adams here 

"The club believe funds will be better assigned elsewhere, with another midfielder, a winger and left-back on the agenda."

Good to hear.