NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I do think RB is a lurking issue as well though, would only take a small thing for Trippier to be out for a significant period. Especially with the amount of games we'll be playing. 

I'm not surprised Livramento was a major target. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Alex Scott would be pretty much perfect. Already has nearly 100 senior apps so wouldn't really need a loan deal to gain experience, bags of potential and would probably be pushing for a regular spot within a couple of years. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

53 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I do think RB is a lurking issue as well though, would only take a small thing for Trippier to be out for a significant period. Especially with the amount of games we'll be playing. 

I'm not surprised Livramento was a major target. 

He does look a cracking player as well, would be a massive upgrade on Krafth.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We don't know what the budget is though.

We dont but we all know FFP are creeping up. We cant spend 40m on Thuram and get quality on RW, LB, RCB. 

Speaking of full backs, our most pressing need is still surely a left back? Or are we happy to go with Burn/Targett for another season? What happened to all the talk of Tierney?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Speaking of full backs, our most pressing need is still surely a left back? Or are we happy to go with Burn/Targett for another season? What happened to all the talk of Tierney?

Allegedly can't agree a fee with Arsenal.

We are a bit short on numbers on the left side of defence.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

We definitely need an upgrade at left back imo (no this isn’t a knock on Burn). I think we can wait especially if it’s Tierney though. Arsenal will not want to finish the window with a -200m net spend. 

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Alex Scott would be pretty much perfect. Already has nearly 100 senior apps so wouldn't really need a loan deal to gain experience, bags of potential and would probably be pushing for a regular spot within a couple of years. 

Yep - plus the coaching team can gradually work with him - throw in some CL minutes and he can have the perfect years secondment 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We definitely need an upgrade at left back imo (no this isn’t a knock on Burn). I think we can wait especially if it’s Tierney though. Arsenal will not want to finish the window with a -200m net spend. 

Fair point. Tbh it might actually be a good sign that it's gone really quiet on that front, could well be stuff getting thrashed out behind the scenes as I don't think he'll want to stay there as second choice.

Left-back and centre-back shouldn’t be too bad for persuading players to sign as there’s more chance they could start games unlike with a new right-back. We do need cover there though, especially with the level we’re playing at now. 

Yeah if we're going two players for every position the weak links are left back and right wing.

Signing a new starting left back with Targett as backup allows Burn to be flexible back up for Botman and at left back also.

Miggy/Murphy is a weakness for RW despite how well both did last season

People might underestimate the importance of Burn. He is now serving the first choice left back AND the back up centre back position. Imagine if Burn and Schar got a lengthy injury, we are basically down to Trippier - Las - Botman - Targett. No way we can survive the coming season if such happens

Buy a new LB, let Burn be the cover for both positions. This is damn top priority imo

Need more people with composure in the final 3rd. 

Outside of Wilson and Isak we're painfully short of clinical finishers. 

Almiron will have another good season imo but outside of him I can't really see another player getting 10+ goals. 

50 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’ve read an article about him recently that said he wouldn’t move to a top club to be on the bench most weeks, instead he would rather go to a bottom half Premier League club to play every week before making the step up. It might have been a local article to him.

We would probably be better off buying Alcaraz from Southampton who can play anywhere in midfield, on the right and up front.

- Chiesa loan to buy for winger spot

- Alex Scott purchase - 25m

- Fresneda purchase - 20m

- Tierney loan to buy for left back spot

- Joachim Anderson purchase - 25m

or

- Lindstrom purchase - 30m

- Livramento purchase - 25m 

9 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

he wouldn’t move to a top club to be on the bench most weeks, instead he would rather go to a bottom half Premier League club to play every week before making the step up.

How dare he not want to join us. Or, well done lad.

Edited by Deuce

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

- Chiesa loan to buy for winger spot

- Alex Scott purchase - 25m

- Fresneda purchase - 20m

or

- Lindstrom purchase - 30m

- Livramento purchase - 25m