NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I think we just get linked to premier league players that other clubs want to shift. Everton will be looking to raise funds so they’ll be getting his name out there. Not one bit of me thinks we’re in for him.

Posted (edited)

DCL is similar to Wilson in that he's always injured but isn't as good at scoring goals as Wilson is , I suppose he's younger so could always improve .  Just seems a strange one selling one injury prone striker for another who isn't actually as good as the one we are selling .

Edited by Geogaddi

I think unlike Wilson DCL would help us offer an actual plan B. When we swap out Isak for Wilson we can't really change the way we play all that much. Bringing on DCL would. That's what I'm guessing a large part of thinking behind it is. 

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I think unlike Wilson DCL would help us offer an actual plan B. When we swap out Isak for Wilson we can't really change the way we play all that much. Bringing on DCL would. That's what I'm guessing a large part of thinking behind it is. 

He’s very much a plan B option and I think they’ll be hoping his injury concerns are a past problem now. And if he’s cool with coming here just to be a true second striker where he won’t be starting but be coming on for the last 20 for most of the season, then I think it’s not terrible business. The whole Howe effect and all. 

Does the fact he played 38 times last year count for nothing? If Wilson was available for that amount of games we don't need a striker.

I don’t know if he’s still the same player after all those setbacks (he’s generally looked quite poor this season despite being more available) but if- and it’s a huge if- Howe can get him back to the player he was a few years ago then 25m would be very solid business. 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Does the fact he played 38 times last year count for nothing? If Wilson was available for that amount of games we don't need a striker.

7 in 32 games in the Prem this year. Not great, but look at the team he was in. I'm not his biggest fan at all and if we are in for him (which I highly doubt) then I personally wouldn't pay anymore than £15M.. would probably get laughed at.

Really don't want Calvert-Lewin but Howe probably does given that we've been constantly linked to him. I trust the club to make the right signings so I'll back whoever we sign. 

Just now, ryanegg said:

7 in 32 games in the Prem this year. Not great, but look at the team he was in. I'm not his biggest fan at all and if we are in for him (which I highly doubt) then I personally wouldn't pay anymore than £15M.. would probably get laughed at.

His goal return this season is a concern (but then it was for Isak’s previous season before signing) however they are one of, if not the, most negative team in the league.

His record was much, much better under Ancelotti, when obviously he was surrounded by better players than now.

Can't help but think a player with a past history of injury like DCL wouldn't fare that well with getting through a pre-season under Howe, can see him falling to bits :lol:. That said, if there's truth to it, EH will probably wring the best out of him.

Posted (edited)

Not a fan of people with double barrelled surnames to start with,Will he be the 1st in black and white if he does sign?

Edit Just remembered Saint Maxi 

Edited by Steve Charlton

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah and if Calvert-Lewin could score one in two like Wilson he'd be a great signing based on last season's appearance record, but he can't.  He scored less goals in 38 games then Wilson did in 20.  Yeah there's more to a front man than just goals, but I think we should be aiming higher than significantly sacrificing goal threat for a the possibility of more appearances.

Edited by Teasy

1 minute ago, Teasy said:

Yeah and if Calvert-Lewin could score one in two like Wilson he'd be a great signing based on last season's appearance record, but he can't.  He scored less goals in 38 games then Wilson did in 20.  Yeah there's more to a front man than just goals, but I think we should be aiming higher than sacrificing goal threat for a the possibility of more appearances.

Managed one in two the last time had Everton had a half decent squad.

13 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

He's also 5 years younger than Wilson. Would be a good few seasons of not having to worry about a backup striker.

Unless he continues to pick up injuries then we would worry every season.

25 minutes ago, STM said:

It counts for less when he scored 7 and even less when not all of those games were starts or full games in a team crying out for someone of his ability. 

I honestly thought he had been gone for more than that. But im not sure if he can handle a Howe preseason. Chuck 15 at them and call it a day.

image.thumb.png.65a2fbd8af58f28ab6c657b013d566e7.png

If the boss has seen something in DCL then there's no chance I'm doubting him after Gordon, not that I really felt any different about that signing. Would hope there'd be flexibility for at least one other forward mind. 

32 minutes ago, Steve Charlton said:

Not a fan of people with double barrelled surnames to start with,Will he be the 1st in black and white if he does sign?

Edit Just remembered Saint Maxi 

The legendary Yanga-Mbiwa