NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Man if we sign DCL and Lloyd Kelly I don't think we'll need to conduct an internal review to work out why we have so many injuries next year!

I know they're only till rumours at this point but getting Tosin, Kelly and the Dash in early doors could mean a few unexpected names head out of the club too. Feel like there's definitely going to be a churn at the club and the squad will look substantially different in September, that's the vibes I'm getting 

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is that Mamardashvili?

I'm not sure I believe that mind. The pull of the Europa Conference isnt that great.

Yeah, I put the translated from Spanish quote in his thread I think. Basically said it was one of his non-negotiables. I agree it seems odd that it would matter that much and who knows on source/translation, but footballers have made decisions based on far stranger things.

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Ashley type move, and, frankly, ill-fitting for a club with our aspirations

Yeah, I well remember us spending £20m+ for a backup striker under Ashley... no wait you're chatting nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Ashley type move, and, frankly, ill-fitting for a club with our aspirations

Ashley would have made a token £10m bid while another mid-table club paid £20m to make him their main striker. 

9 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Yeah, I well remember us spending £20m+ for a backup striker under Ashley... no wait you're chatting nonsense.

Injury prone striker with zero resell value for a club that wants to be numero uno in the world - would just be plain bad business. Should be looking at young non-PL strikers that won't demand a PL transfer premium... Might as well have just kept Chris Wood if we were still looking for DCLs

Hopefully no DCL. And Bowen is a great player, so is MGW but damn both will be expensive. Would rather have us look for left footer RW and from the continent.

As I’ve said I understand the concern around DCL’s injuries, even if his appearance record this season was pretty decent.

However, I don’t understand people thinking he’s shite. It wasn’t that long ago he was (rightly) considered next in line for England after Kane. Alright, the injuries in 21/22 and 22/23 have pissed on that bonfire, but I definitely feel Eddie can get him back towards that level which would make him a valuable asset, especially so Isak doesn’t have to spend the last 20 mins of every game running on fumes.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Some on GOT believe it’s a done deal for DCL for 25M.

I’d be very happy with that. Seems a fair price given his contract situation.

Posted (edited)

Like fuck we should NOT get DCL. He’s the very definition of injury proness. 

If we should learn ANYTHING from this season is to stay fit. 

Edited by maze

Posted (edited)

DCL played 38 games last season. Isn't that more than Isak?

Edit: Isak played 40.

Point still stands. DCL had a very good season, appearance wise 

Edited by STM

3 minutes ago, STM said:

He’s been plauged by injuries, man.
If he signs… oh man… his inj. Record and our medical setup will make him a paralympic before kick-off come august. 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

It’s just an unnecessary risk we don’t need to take though imo.

1 minute ago, maze said:

He’s been plauged by injuries, man.
If he signs… oh man… his inj. Record and our medical setup will make him a paralympic before kick-off come august. 

He obviously wasn’t plagued by injuries this season just gone.