NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

My thinking on where we are with FFP/PSR limit is that it’s a figure less than what the fee we agreed for Lewis Hall was, or we would have just bought him outright.

Add some good practice redundancy funds in there for any unexpected operational issues and maybe it's realistic to suggest that we're 5/10m on the right side of the limit?

1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

It doesn’t matter for FFP, but it matters for Crystal Palace who then have the money upfront to reinvest. 

Fair point, but it still doesn't seem likely we're can afford him without a big sale. We're allegedly up against it already, and whilst we might still only pay 1/4 of his fee this year, we've still got similar quarters of Bruno, Isak, Gordon, Tonali, Barnes, Botman etc fees to pay next year after similarly kicking those cans down the road in seasons gone.

I still think Olise in means we'll lose someone significant out 

Olise would never come here for the same reason as Tosin, higher wages elsewhere and european football. Man City bound I'd imagine if the £60m release clause is true.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Fair point, but it still doesn't seem likely we're can afford him without a big sale. We're allegedly up against it already, and whilst we might still only pay 1/4 of his fee this year, we've still got similar quarters of Bruno, Isak, Gordon, Tonali, Barnes, Botman etc fees to pay next year after similarly kicking those cans down the road in seasons gone.

I still think Olise in means we'll lose someone significant out 

Doubt Olise would be jumping out of his foreskin to join an NUFC without Bruno or Isak.

We are not some tin pot club where literally nobody wants to sign for us... If we don't get this player another one will come.

Nobody on here was claiming we should go out any buy Bruno, Isak, Gordon or either of the young full backs before it happened... But plenty thought it was the end of the world when we didn't sign Lingard, Ekitika, Maddison or  Carlos.

If Tosin wanted more money or another player prefers London / warmer weather then that's ok... Sometimes them choosing us for the right reason is better than the wrong (Owen!)

51 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

My thinking on where we are with FFP/PSR limit is that it’s a figure less than what the fee we agreed for Lewis Hall was, or we would have just bought him outright.

Why? Isn't loan with an option to buy always a better move since we could have Hall walk if he had been a flop or suffered a serious injury? I think we just caught Chelsea desperate for money.

43 minutes ago, Beth said:

Olise would never come here for the same reason as Tosin, higher wages elsewhere and european football. Man City bound I'd imagine if the £60m release clause is true.

Its been reported that Olise wants to be at a club where he has more chance of playing time and join a project that is exciting. He may look at Grealish and others at Chelsea and think a move to NUFC is better for his career at this stage. Who knows. 

3 hours ago, STM said:

Not really the same.

We snuck in on Bruno at a time where nobody was keen, he was on low wages and wasn't going to be offered mega money elsewhere.

Tripps was wanting back to England and probably took a wage cut. In fact he admitted he could have stayed and got more at Madrid.

Botman we were competing with a cash strapped Milan.

If Chelsea and Co really want him, they can plonk 300k on the table and he's their's.

Also, don't be surprised if Man City don't swoop for him. City tend to come in at the last minute.

I'm not saying we couldn't get him, more that a certain series of circumstances need to occur.

Weren’t Arsenal for Bruno at that time ? Tripps was offered more money to stay at Athletico.  My point was it isn’t just about money, there are other circumstances to consider and hopefully Olise will have them too and choose us because if he did. Holy fuck our attack would be just illegal levels of filth :lol:. Until he’s holding up any shirt but ours I want to believe. Kevin, Bobby and now Eddie gave us that back, take your Chewsee money bags realism somewhere else 😉 :indi:

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Agree with this but I think we're more in the running than we're giving ourselves credit for. 

By all accounts he's extremely focused and diligent with his career choices and we're arguably the only club that could guarantee him a starting place whilst also having the finances, stabilty and ambitions to match his own. 

IMG_2773.thumb.jpeg.707238b9d17311299418cc602221f236.jpeg

23 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

We are not some tin pot club where literally nobody wants to sign for us... If we don't get this player another one will come.

Nobody on here was claiming we should go out any buy Bruno, Isak, Gordon or either of the young full backs before it happened... But plenty thought it was the end of the world when we didn't sign Lingard, Ekitika, Maddison or  Carlos.

If Tosin wanted more money or another player prefers London / warmer weather then that's ok... Sometimes them choosing us for the right reason is better than the wrong (Owen!)

Sly dig at Sunderland there 

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Agree with this but I think we're more in the running than we're giving ourselves credit for. 

By all accounts he's extremely focused and diligent with his career choices and we're arguably the only club that could guarantee him a starting place whilst also having the finances, stabilty and ambitions to match his own. 

I think this is it. Certainly not getting my hopes up, but supposedly he's very careful and calculating in developing his career.

He might conclude coming here and being a main man for a couple of years, ripping the league up with a respectable minimum release clause would set him up for a big move to wherever he eventually sees himself i.e. PSG according to @Palace fan. He might be looking to join a well run club that would let him go without a saga, which narrows his options right now.

And that would be ok with me, all things considered.

20 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Of all the players we've been linked with in recent seasons and either signed/missed out on, Tino for me has been only one we had to sign and couldn't miss out on. Just simply because he looked so fucking good at 19, and for me is future England RB post Walker. Just has everything you need in a modern full back, with a solid defensive head already which will improve in age.

Outside him, Olise is the next one. Proper legit player, who's on cusp of taking the next step. Will be proper jealous of whoever gets him if not us. Hopefully being part of Chelsea/Man City youth sees him want to stay away, and not go back to 'prove' people wrong.

1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

Its been reported that Olise wants to be at a club where he has more chance of playing time and join a project that is exciting. He may look at Grealish and others at Chelsea and think a move to NUFC is better for his career at this stage. Who knows. 

Stranger things have happened I suppose.....

Have to be wary signing players on the back of tournaments, but Milenkovic would be a tasty right sided CB. He’s certainly got pedigree playing in Serie A and still only 26, not sure he’s the quickest but could do a lot worse going off tonight.

Kvaratskhelia wanting out of Napoli it seems. Wonder if we’d look at him again given we had interest a couple of years back. Imagine he’d be £60m+ and it would require moving AG to the RW, so probably unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Have to be wary signing players on the back of tournaments, but Milenkovic would be a tasty right sided CB. He’s certainly got pedigree playing in Serie A and still only 26, not sure he’s the quickest but could do a lot worse going off tonight.

Not being the quickest is no good to us really.

8 minutes ago, NSG said:

Kvaratskhelia wanting out of Napoli it seems. Wonder if we’d look at him again given we had interest a couple of years back. Imagine he’d be £60m+ and it would require moving AG to the RW, so probably unlikely. 

Let’s not move Gordon to right wing and just get a right winger in 

Telelombargia, a local Milan media outlet claiming there may be discussions for a Tonali - Tomori swap deal. I love the Italian media's cavalier attitude towards the truth :lol:

Just now, The Prophet said:

Telelombargia, a local Milan media outlet claiming there may be discussions for a Tonali - Tomori swap deal. I love the Italian media's cavalier attitude towards the truth :lol:

You've gotta love the shameless Italian brazenness to suggest something so daft

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Tomori about to be banned for a year for gambling like?