NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

It's a strange one as he's no better than Wilson , if he's cheap though I suppose he's not a bad backup option for when Isak is injured.

It may seem that way since Wilson joined us, and has had a chance to play with some better players.

However, at Bournemouth Wilson regularly scored single digits in goals in the Premier League, only managing double figures at Bournemouth once.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Always rated DCL as a player. His injuries have cost him a few years. It's up to Howe to once again prove the naysayers wrong and reshape him.

I haven't clicked the Torygraph article, so could someone explain the financial side? 

Looking through his stats and he's not as injury prone as would seem

Kaka once again defending a rumour (at best) that hasn’t happened :lol:. At least wait until it happens, if it does. Personally I don’t think we’re after him. Also not wanting him and preferring other routes/options is not wrong in any way at all. IF he does come in then everybody will want him to do well, and he might do so. Just because people prefer someone/something else doesn’t mean that anyone has to be gloating about it and be all “I told you so, now eat your words. Hypothetically speaking, if he came in and did reasonably well doesn’t mean that other options still might have been even better. We all want what’s best for Newcastle and it’s a forum with opinions. You might think he’s a shrewd bargain and that you think he would (WOULD) be a good signing and such, fair enough, nothing wrong with that. But please skip the attitude about gloating/eating their words, I told you so and so on. Both now and afterwards IF it was to happen. 

Got to back the club and the recruitment team on this one.

As a backup striker, I think it could be a great signing. People need to remember, Isak is our number 1 striker and everyone knows that so it'll be hard to convince strikers to sign knowing they'll be playing 2nd fiddle for the majority of the season.

Let Eddie work his magic on him.

Obviously could all be bollocks as it's Edwards...

Edited by Scoot

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Always rated DCL as a player. His injuries have cost him a few years. It's up to Howe to once again prove the naysayers wrong and reshape him.

I haven't clicked the Torygraph article, so could someone explain the financial side? 

No fee mooted, but he is now in his final twelve months of his contract.

And without that context it’s difficult to determine the value. At £20m with Howes undisputed track record in improving players, he’s a perfectly good back-up and useful off the bench. At £50m it would be a real head scratcher to say the least.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Kaka once again defending a rumour (at best) that hasn’t happened :lol:. At least wait until it happens, if it does. Personally I don’t think we’re after him. Also not wanting him and preferring other routes/options is not wrong in any way at all. IF he does come in then everybody will want him to do well, and he might do so. Just because people prefer someone/something else doesn’t mean that anyone has to be gloating about it and be all “I told you so, now eat your words. Hypothetically speaking, if he came in and did reasonably well doesn’t mean that other options still might have been even better. We all want what’s best for Newcastle and it’s a forum with opinions. You might think he’s a shrewd bargain and that you think he would (WOULD) be a good signing and such, fair enough, nothing wrong with that. But please skip the attitude about gloating/eating their words, I told you so and so on. Both now and afterwards IF it was to happen. 

'What a waste of funds'

'Brexit signings'

'Keep Howe away from signings'

'Bring back Dan'

These are the kinds of comments I was referring to, and other similar types. They are just so silly.

In any case, don't worry about me. Just do your thing. When it all works out, we'll all be happy and enjoying the team perform anyway.

Just now, KaKa said:

'What a waste of funds'

'Brexit signings'

'Bring back Dan'

These are the kinds of comments I was referring to, and other similar types. They are just so silly.

In any case, don't worry about me. Just do your thing. When it all works out, we'll all be happy and enjoying the team perform anyway.

aye well that I agree with you on

43 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

If true then I’m disappointed. Hes a good player but a crock. Will cost a canny bit too.

Keep Howe away from transfers. Love him and thinks he’s done class here, but all the evidence points to him not being very imaginative in the market 

what evidence.

he's been involved in all the transfer decisions?

12 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It's a strange one as he's no better than Wilson , if he's cheap though I suppose he's not a bad backup option for when Isak is injured.

He's not, but Wilson is 32, one year left of his contract and has managed half a season in 2/4 seasons and 2/3s in 1. If you can get a proven Premier League striker who's 5 years younger to take over now, surely that's a good bit of business?

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It may seem that way since Wilson joined us, and has had a chance to play with some better players.

However, at Bournemouth Wilson regularly scored single digits in goals in the Premier League, only managing double figures at Bournemouth once.

Wilson stats at Bournemouth are better than DCL at Everton. Over a shorter period of time it must be said.

Edited by SUPERTOON

Just now, KaKa said:

'What a waste of funds'

'Brexit signings'

'Bring back Dan'

I agree about the comments that they might be going a bit far at times. BUT take it with a pinch of salt man. These words and sentences happen all the time, and more often than not it’s a over exaggerated way of reacting and thinking/saying that they really don’t want him and that they prefer a different route. 

God, the transfer rumours right after takeover was embarassing.. I remember all sorts of overpriced over the top players like Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Hazard, Coutinho, Lukaku and so on. The media badly wanted us to be a dumping ground for such players (plus some rejects), and fail miserably while overspending on these types. Just proves how silly transfer rumours can be, knowing what we actually spent money on in hindsight.

Edited by Erikse

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wilson stats at Bournemouth are better than DCL at Everton.

Wilson's record at Bournemouth was nothing to rave about, and he was playing under Howe in a much more attacking team throughout.

DCL has mostly been stuck in pretty poor Everton teams. The one time he had a really good manager and some better players around him, he performed at a better clip than Wilson did.

It's really not that different when you look at things a bit closer. They're actually quite comparable in those periods.

Just now, KaKa said:

Wilson's record at Bournemouth was nothing to rave about, and he was playing under Howe in a much more attacking team throughout.

DCL has mostly been stuck in pretty poor Everton teams. The one time he had a really good manager and some better players around him, he performed at a better clip than Wilson did.

It's really not that different when you look at things a bit closer. They're actually quite comparable in those periods.

As I said previously I’m not completely against the signing if it allows us to bring in a top RW and CB. On the face of it though I’d prefer a younger option with a different profile.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

As I said previously I’m not completely against the signing if it allows us to bring in a top RW and CB. On the face of it though I’d prefer a younger option with a different profile.

Yeah, that's fine I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Perfectly fine, if people prefer someone else.

I've already clarified the kind of comments I was initially responding to, but like @Ikon said, best just ignoring those, as irritating as they may be.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Saw this one the other day. Really good player. A signing I think everyone would love.

Happy the Netherlands have been using him off the bench and not starting ahead of Dumbfries.

If he was starting he'd start getting too much attention like Guehi and Calafiori have this tournament.