NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

From selling Isak to Chelsea we'd ideally want Palmer, enough for a top CH and to buy Sesko , cover their signing on fees and still have a healthy pocketful of change

I would venture to guess Chelsea value Palmer above Isak

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Is Tomori that good genuine question ? Whilst acknowledging Southgate isn’t someone’s judgement I’d hold in much regard, if he can’t get in the England set up ahead of Lewis fucking Dunk it doesn’t raise my expectations.

Neither can Branthwaite and he was brilliant last season.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Is Tomori that good genuine question ? Whilst acknowledging Southgate isn’t someone’s judgement I’d hold in much regard, if he can’t get in the England set up ahead of Lewis fucking Dunk it doesn’t raise my expectations.

He was brilliant against us in the CL though that's pretty much the only time I've seen him play. 

If Isak hadn’t missed the games he did, I reckon he’d have finished top scorer. He’s the most all round accomplished forward in the league. I’d have him over Haaland any day of the week.

Not a chance we should be letting a club like Chelsea have a player like that, who would catapult them into contenders at our expense.

Yes, anywhere between 160-200m would make a world of difference but what do you spend trying to replace the irreplaceable?

I think these spurious bids or “enquiries” are gamesmanship from the other clubs.

Any club found in breach of PSR rules can have it put to them that they had opportunities to sell players, which I think may affect the level of punishment.

I’m still on fence about where we’re at with that.. I just can’t see the club leaving it so late to deal with this so it could be total bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think these spurious bids or “enquiries” are gamesmanship from the other clubs.

Any club found in breach of PSR rules can have it put to them that they had opportunities to sell players, which I think may affect the level of punishment.

I’m still on fence about where we’re at with that.. I just can’t see the club leaving it so late to deal with this so it could be total bullshit.

The Saudis will get a player for an inflated fee 

28 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

His last two seasons at Milan were a disaster. Schar is better. Average defender and you can buy better and cheaper. Buy you know Howe wants British or PL players. 

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'd bite at £200M definitely. That Coutinho sale transformed Liverpool into title challengers.

Who would you go for upfront as a replacement, just out of interest?

Edited by KaKa

Chelsea were linked with him too unsurprisingly. There's a lot of good transfers that happen every year. Gyokeres was available for what £20m and Coventry fans were saying he'd absolutely smash the Premier League. Lisbon must be laughing as he's easily worth 4x that now

Just now, Menace said:

Chelsea were linked with him too unsurprisingly. There's a lot of good transfers that happen every year. Gyokeres was available for what £20m and Coventry fans were saying he'd absolutely smash the Premier League. Lisbon must be laughing as he's easily worth 4x that now

Yeah, was incredible business by Sporting.

Surprised none of the clubs looking for strikers have gone for him.

Was a sensational season he just had at Sporting.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, was incredible business by Sporting.

Surprised none of the clubs looking for strikers have gone for him.

Was a sensational season he just had at Sporting.

They supposedly want 100 million for him, he’s good but that is probably putting teams off.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They supposedly want 100 million for him, he’s good but that is probably putting teams off.

Yeah, it's actually a clause for 100 million Euros, so around £85 million.

It's pricey for sure.

Hard to reconcile being wedged and owned by PIF with constantly being worried about losing our best players to the legacy ‘six’. I thought Barca/Real would be the only viable destinations when some of these players wanted to scratch a certain itch. Chelsea, Arsenal and the other ESL conspirators can get fucked.

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Who would you go for upfront as a replacement, just out of interest?

Ok, let’s entertain the idea that the cheeky Chelsea chaps make an offer we/he can’t refuse. We then (employing my limited understanding of PSR…) go large/spread the deficit and buy Osimhen, Gibbs White, Kilman, Mamardashvili and ‘add your personal favourite’. In effect construct a squad arguably capable of challenging for the title. Andy Cole vibes? 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Ok, let’s entertain the idea that the cheeky Chelsea chaps make an offer we/he can’t refuse. We then (employing my limited understanding of PSR…) go large/spread the deficit and buy Osimhen, Gibbs White, Kilman, Mamardashvili and ‘add your personal favourite’. In effect construct a squad arguably capable of challenging for the title. Andy Cole vibes? 

It would be sickening seeing him at Chelsea, but we'd certainly put together a very good side off the back of it.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.