NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

21 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Yeah at what point do we start to worry?

Pretty embarrassing if we can't shift anyone, while these other clubs are trading for fun.

I vote for never. Wasted energy better just to cross bridges when we come to them. The season will start we’ll have new signings in the squad, and departures, let’s see how we get on.

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I vote for never. Wasted energy better just to cross bridges when we come to them. The season will start we’ll have new signings in the squad, and departures, let’s see how we get on.

I think he means regarding a points deduction.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder if having no Ashworth/sporting director is making it harder for us to sell players (other than most of them not being wanted by anyone).

I reckon it must be. No one else who has been under the cosh seems to be struggling as much as us - then again could all change by Sunday if we get one or two out of the door for a decent amount. It definitely can't be helping us though.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder if having no Ashworth/sporting director is making it harder for us to sell players (other than most of them not being wanted by anyone).

I think it's more the players we are trying to sell don't have much value and are on decent wages.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t think so, I think the profile of our squad which is older established players who are generally below average just aren’t in demand our Crown Jewels are also very expensive. 

8 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Lowers the deficit if there is one!

So what we've done there is likely ask for an upfront payment for a long term agreement.

This might have been a last minute move, in order to get some funds in and avoid any FFP punishment.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

So what we've done there is likely ask for an upfront payment for a long term agreement.

This might have been a last minute move, in order to get some funds in and avoid any FFP punishment.

Always felt the club would have several options to trigger if needs must rather than hit panic stations. Think we are too well run now (as hard as that may be to take in after the Cashley years :lol:) for the books not to have been balanced. 

Edited by PauloGeordio

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Not sure if we can recognise much of the revenue for this year, unless we got some sort of startup fee?

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Always felt the club would have several

options to trigger if needs must rather than hit panic stations. Think we are too well run now (as hard as that may be to take in after the Cashley years :lol:) for the books not to be balanced. 

Even if the payment is upfront it will end up spread over the length of the deal in the books. Same as players transfer fees.