NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Look at all the other clubs. I don’t know which ones may be in breach but from what I can see no other PL club is right now hawking around their best players. Or there are no reports of it. Why is it just Newcastle? Is there truth in it? Is it some sort of tactic from the club for reasons only known to themselves? Are we just the easiest club to get clicks from? 

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

Look at all the other clubs. I don’t know which ones may be in breach but from what I can see no other PL club is right now hawking around their best players. Or there are no reports of it. Why is it just Newcastle? Is there truth in it? Is it some sort of tactic from the club for reasons only known to themselves? Are we just the easiest club to get clicks from? 

The others clubs who where close to breaking PSR have all sold players in the last week or so.

12 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

We are not in a strong position if we are in the mess. 

For selling a purple to any particular club, we have strength in that we have three in-demand players and could sell a different "purple" to a different club.

Its only batshit FFP that any of them are "available", but probably that's all they are. They would normally not be for sale at all. If Liverpool want Gordon, they pay full price, or we bite the bullet and sell Bruno to Man City instead. A weak position would be having one sellable asset and only one team he will go to.

Hopefully we simply sell Minteh and that's that. Possibly Eliot Anderson too if Minteh doesn't bring in enough. The promoted clubs are staring at relegation if they do not strengthen. There are buyers out there.

fwiw, I think Bruno leaving is a matter of time, so if forced to, he'd be the purple I'd sell.

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

For selling a purple to any particular club, we have strength in that we have three in-demand players and could sell a different "purple" to a different club.

Its only batshit FFP that any of them are "available", but probably that's all they are. They would normally not be for sale at all. If Liverpool want Gordon, they pay full price, or we bite the bullet and sell Bruno to Man City instead. A weak position would be having one sellable asset and only one team he will go to.

Hopefully we simply sell Minteh and that's that. Possibly Eliot Anderson too if Minteh doesn't bring in enough. The promoted clubs are staring at relegation if they do not strengthen. There are buyers out there.

fwiw, I think Bruno leaving is a matter of time, so if forced to, he'd be the purple I'd sell.

We will find out very soon..

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Mad that it’s gotten to this stage if true.

But it’s really not that mad if you take the view that buying clubs know we literally have to sell. Of course they will wish to negotiate from the inevitable cliff edge we have to stand on. It’s quite logical.

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

But it’s really not that mad if you take the view that buying clubs know we literally have to sell. Of course they will wish to negotiate from the inevitable cliff edge we have to stand on. It’s quite logical.

I’m more on about we have allowed it to get to this stage. Not selling Tripps in January or the obvious sponsors we haven’t gotten.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

He will be one of Everton’s best paid players and would expect a pay rise to come here.

Entering last year of contract and his stock isnt exactly high. should be thinking about taking a paycut for the longer term gain at this point of his career. 

8 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

If thats true then hes being very poorly advised by his team

He's on £100,000 a week and wants a raise i'm sure. That would put him in the Isak, Trippier range and we might not be willing to do that for a backup striker especially since it will represent a big increase over Callum Wilson's salary. If the story is actually true. 

11 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

He's on £100,000 a week and wants a raise i'm sure. That would put him in the Isak, Trippier range and we might not be willing to do that for a backup striker especially since it will represent a big increase over Callum Wilson's salary. If the story is actually true. 

He’ll get a decent wedge as a free agent next summer or if Everton take a knock down fee before the end of the window.