NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, midds said:

This weekend feels like it's been a long version of the player trading scene in Moneyball

:lol: Was watching this the other day funnily enough, for about the fourth time. Know absolutely nothing about baseball but it's probably one of my favourite films.

On 27/06/2024 at 13:05, KaKa said:

The Gordon thing really messes with people so much man :lol:

You probably misunderstood what very many thought about the Gordon signing at the time though, it's not about proving anyone wrong, my personal reasons were about how he came over on the pitch, his attitude, and he was quite cocky, there was even a moment where I thought to myself he'd already blown it at Nufc, when he had his tantrum at being subbed. Gordon has admitted himself on the overlap and many interviews he's done that he's happy, he was never happy at Everton and that reflected in his performance and attitude on the pitch, he's admitted he's matured massively in the last two years, and he's being managed well. I don't think anybody was questioning his ability when we signed him, but rather his attitude, so Antony Gordon proved nobody wrong or right, he proved to himself he can be the best. Newcastle fans will always back that character in a player.

You can remove any chips of your shoulders now pal [emoji38]

On 28/06/2024 at 16:33, kingxlnc said:

Minteh has been compared to Sadio Mane - both on the eye test and on the data. Bona fide wonderkid. 

That means he could develop into a beast of a striker, who finishes. All that while operating from our weakest position, RW. A Salah, a Palmer, a Saka. These are obviously the best in the PL and this is all hopeful hype.

I would prefer we let either or any of the following leave for PSR (providing replacements are sourced before the season starts):

Longstaff
Anderson
Wilson
Targett
Trippier
Dubravka
Lascelles
Krafth
Almiron
Murphy
Burn
Willock
Lewis
Hayden
Pope
Kuol 
Ashby

The only untouchables for me: 

Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Barnes, Tonali, Miley, Kelly, Hall, Livramento, Schar

Assume this is the post you refer to @STM ? Yeah, well no, it doesn’t remotely say what you claim it does (see bolded)… :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Assume this is the post you refer to @STM ? Yeah, well no, it doesn’t remotely say what you claim it does (see bolded)… :facepalm:

I'm not going to dwell on this issue but I will say this..

He's not a bone-fide wonderkid because whilst the word wonderkid exists and the category of wonderkid exists, it's not an actual thing. Young footballers development doesn't work in such absolutes. Josh McEachran.

I'm sure he will become a very good footballer, I'm sure he'd have become a better football at Newcastle. 

It simply doesn't matter. We couldn't keep him for external reason. Cest la vie.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm not going to dwell on this issue but I will say this..

He's not a bone-fide wonderkid because whilst the word wonderkid exists and the category of wonderkid exists, it's not an actual thing. Young footballers development doesn't work in such absolutes. Josh McEachran.

I'm sure he will become a very good footballer, I'm sure he'd have become a better football at Newcastle. 

It simply doesn't matter. We couldn't keep him for external reason. Cest la vie.

Nobody has suggested a wonderkid is an iron cast world class player a few years down the line :facepalm:

You said people had said he was absolutely certainly going to be as good as Mane. They haven’t. I wouldn’t expect you to admit you were wrong though.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Nobody has suggested a wonderkid is an iron cast world class player a few years down the line :facepalm:

You said people had said he was absolutely certainly going to be as good as Mane. They haven’t. I wouldn’t expect you to admit you were wrong though.

I'm trying to be nice.

I always admit when I'm wrong. 

Your going to have look for bother elsewhere. 

Been pretty reliably told that Gordon to Liverpool was a real possibility if those 2 deals hadn’t been agreed and that Bobby Clark was in the mix to come back.

This is amongst other plans b,c,d and more.

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Been pretty reliably told that Gordon to Liverpool was a real possibility if those 2 deals hadn’t been agreed and that Bobby Clark was in the mix to come back.

I hope this doesn't upset Gordon, he was our best player last season

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

How much would Gordon have to go for, assuming we needed to make around 60 million?