NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Francisco Trincao has had back to back really good seasons with Sporting.

Think he comes the closest to providing the same kind of attributes as an Olise would have.

I think he gets my vote for that right wing slot.

chrome_screenshot_5Jul202409_53_49BST.thumb.png.ee15f4517365f936786b939239b88686.png

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

The Athetic said he'll carry put the current plan.

Good article floating around yesterday about his first ninety days in a job, I wonder if Andy Howe and Nickson are moved on.

Missed that article, got a link ?

It’s interesting Nickson has been tracking Williams and Wirtz for 2-3 years, both are unattainable now but he really does have a good eye. The names that are under the radar eg Ederson etc have also been good. Graham Carr was great for the budgets we had back then but Nickson’s track record so far has been pretty good. Wouldn’t mind a left field option either.

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

It’s interesting Nickson has been tracking Williams and Wirtz for 2-3 years, both are unattainable now but he really does have a good eye. The names that are under the radar eg Ederson etc have also been good. Graham Carr was great for the budgets we had back then but Nickson’s track record so far has been pretty good. Wouldn’t mind a left field option either.

Was Nickson around when Carr was here?

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Francisco Trincao has had back to back really good seasons with Sporting.

Think he comes the closest to providing the same kind of attributes as an Olise would have.

I think he gets my vote for that right wing slot.

chrome_screenshot_5Jul202409_53_49BST.thumb.png.ee15f4517365f936786b939239b88686.png

Yep, I'm one of those that'd prefer a left footed technician with fine pass/cross from the RW position.. not so much a strong athletic striker or a dribbler with limited delivery.. Not that I watch the Portuguese league but (an improved) Trincao seems to fit the profile perfectly, although he wasn't very impressive at Wolves..

His understudy Marcus Edwards also has interesting stats, but he's probably too short for Eddie's liking.. although Neto is even shorter

The comparison tool gives an accurate picture when the players are from the same team:

image.thumb.png.98977da9c5026fea9c432125346b4768.png

image.thumb.png.060dcad0f3b7622e95ba436d822a1d01.png

Edited by junkhead

3 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Yep, I'm one of those that'd prefer a left footed technician with fine pass/cross from the RW position.. not so much a strong athletic striker. Not that I watch the Portuguese league but (an improved) Trincao seems to fit the profile perfectly, although he wasn't very impressive at Wolves..

His understudy Marcus Edwards also has interesting stats, but he's probably too short for Eddie's liking.. although Neto is even shorter

Yeah, I noticed a lot of people want more of a left footed creative technician in that position. And there aren't too many of those around.

Not worried about that Trincao Wolves loan at all really. That was two years ago and he was coming in from Barca where he hadn't really got the playing time and was still trying to figure stuff out. It was also that COVID season I believe, which would have been awkward. Seems to have come together the last two years for him.

That Marcus Edwards is really small, think he's actually smaller than Neto.

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes and also some of the reports have said Mitchell has been working informally with the club on targets for a little while anyway.

Working on names, with no links to the press as no-one had a fucking clue we were about to appoint him.

So you are saying there’s a chance this weekend, we could get a name out of the blue for a deal agreed? :juicy:

37 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I noticed a lot of people want more of a left footed creative technician in that position. And there aren't too many of those around.

Not worried about that Trincao Wolves loan at all really. That was two years ago and he was coming in from Barca where he hadn't really got the playing time and was still trying to figure stuff out. It was also that COVID season I believe, which would have been awkward. Seems to have come together the last two years for him.

That Marcus Edwards is really small, think he's actually smaller than Neto.

I want a creative left-footer. Especially as Trippier brings creativity on the right and I'll expect his minutes to reduce.

But I expect Eddie to want a Mbeumo type. That's how our wide players play generally.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 hour ago, Checko said:

Neither has Foden tbf and he's generally quite good.

He’s not off the back of a terrible injury tho & Man City don’t want to sell him for £25m

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

21m for Chiasa, are we in?

Not convinced even at a reduced fee it’s good value. He looks a different player in these euros. I didn’t watch him at all last season so it’s perhaps fatigue but I don’t think he’d be going for a cut price unless they thought his level had dropped permanently 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not convinced even at a reduced fee it’s good value. He looks a different player in these euros. I didn’t watch him at all last season so it’s perhaps fatigue but I don’t think he’d be going for a cut price unless they thought his level had dropped permanently 

But at 21 million, it's nothing in these markets for at top international.  He could reinvigorate himself under Howe. The cut price is reflected in his final year contract, I'm guessing his agent might want inflated salary for him.

Tidy player on his day though.

Everytime I see him though he's on the left side, I was thinking he'd be useful on the right.

Edited by mighty__mag

21m is a no brainer, we could literally get the same amount for Almiron. 
Chiesa and Murphy is better than Almiron and Murphy. 
Better for Tonali too. 

This one should be done - and even got spare cash left for a young hybrid RW/CF prospect of the Joao Pedro ilk. 

Agree that Chiesa’s looked a shadow of what he was in this tournament. Very small sample size mind. But (IMO) has a playing style that would put him off a bit of a cliff (elite level wise) if his physical attributes were significantly on the wane.

I’d be wary.

Yeah also not sold on Chiesa, all trickery and not so much pace on visual evidence from the Euros.

He does seem to be much better at crossing than what we currently have though.

I reckon with Mitchell there now we end up going for someone not as well known.. who were all the best prospects at the last U21 tournament for that position?