Tino Livramento

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Anyone thought about the likelihood his injury could reoccur? 

Only ASM gets injured, bring on Livramento and Chiesa.

Edited by Pata

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

Hard to find a reliable number on Isak's salary at Real Sociedad but we have to agree to disagree on Tino's potential salary. No idea what Botman got before this deal but it was nowhere near the current ~£90k and the fee would be quite similar.

I would be shocked if he didn't get at least £60k a week and £20-30k is a pipe dream IMO.

I just think you're comparing to the wrong level of player. Isak / Botman / Bruno / Tonali are young, critical first team players changing leagues/country. Livramento is coming here as a squad player (presumably) off of an injury from a relegated team. The fee (which may be inclusive of bonuses) could be inflated because he's under contract for years and Southampton don't have to sell him, but it doesn't mean we need to pay him like he's walking into our XI.

I know I’m getting old because I all of these transfer fees just seem utterly mental to me.  And all modern music sounds the same.

Cracking player though - every time I’ve seen him he looked excellent.  I’d assumed he’d join a Sky six side when I’ve seen him - but we’re in that group now

£30m isn’t that high in todays money. As I said Jamal Lewis was £15m 3 years ago, Chris Wood cost us £20m no point getting concerned about the cost of players the market is erratic and out of control. By all accounts this kid has a very bright future. £30m is fine 

Nice stockpile of players with their peak years ahead of them we're building up. If he lives up to his early promise I can see them shoehorning him in at LB after a settling period. Too talented to play understudy and looks very comfortable slotting into midfield so maybe we'll be following the trend of the other top clubs.

Shows how desperate we are for him, so they must be sure. We’ve gone from £12m to £21m to now £30m in just a month. As much praise as Ashworth/club gets, I wouldn’t say we’ve done a good negotiating job with this one, but as long as he’s not lost any physical performance and explosivity, it’s should be a cracking signing, and covers Trippier.

If he's healthy - and presumably we have determined he is - he is talented enough to make this an incredible deal. You do not get the chance to buy 20 year olds of his ability very often. This could be a perfect situation for him to ease back into regular action. I have full confidence in our medical staff to maximise his capabilities. He could be worth 3x this amount in 2-3 years if he stays healthy, his ceiling is that high. I'll never be upset with taking a punt on a player of that quality.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I know I’m getting old because I all of these transfer fees just seem utterly mental to me.  And all modern music sounds the same.

Cracking player though - every time I’ve seen him he looked excellent.  I’d assumed he’d join a Sky six side when I’ve seen him - but we’re in that group now

It's been proven that all modern music does sound the same, a large scientific study was done analysing cord progression and all that stuff.

Probably why it's mostly garbage but unfortunately a lot of low IQ imbeciles lap it up, so here we are.

9 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Shows how desperate we are for him, so they must be sure. We’ve gone from £12m to £21m to now £30m in just a month. As much praise as Ashworth/club gets, I wouldn’t say we’ve done a good negotiating job with this one, but as long as he’s not lost any physical performance and explosivity, it’s should be a cracking signing, and covers Trippier.

Dan Ashworth you fraud!

ChrisTillmanIsAJerk.0.0.jpg

11 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I just think you're comparing to the wrong level of player. Isak / Botman / Bruno / Tonali are young, critical first team players changing leagues/country. Livramento is coming here as a squad player (presumably) off of an injury from a relegated team. The fee (which may be inclusive of bonuses) could be inflated because he's under contract for years and Southampton don't have to sell him, but it doesn't mean we need to pay him like he's walking into our XI.

Yeah, he's not on the same level as Isak/Bruno/Tonali but they are making way more than £60k. Some sites say Gordon went from £10k to 60k after his move, seems pretty comparable player? Botman reportedly earned £12-15k at Lille and is now getting close to £90k a week.

5 minutes ago, Mountain said:

It's been proven that all modern music does sound the same, a large scientific study was done analysing cord progression and all that stuff.

Probably why it's mostly garbage but unfortunately a lot of low IQ imbeciles lap it up, so here we are.

this is misleading. Studies were focused on modern pop songs. Plenty of music beyond them. what you could see is given the finite number of chords, there will be more and more overlap as time progresses.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls