Tino Livramento

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

With his height any possibility that Howe has an eye on using him as a RCB?

I seem to remember reading that he has played there before, but I doubt that's what we have in mind.

My hunch is that he's oven ready for the first team, though he won't feature on Saturday. I do wonder what message Eddie has given him about how and when he is to be used. 

Personally, once he's settled in, I'd be happy to see him on the right and Trippier on the left. Not ideal, but the best option at the mo, I reckon.

45 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Can he play/cover left back?

He possibly can - but effectively is 4th choice left back cover (Trippier 3rd)

He is a RB - great and much needed cover for Trippier

I reckon Eddie forces minutes for the lad because of his ability, potential, fee and salary.

30 minutes if we are 3+ up in a game.

Minutes at left-back (for him or Trips) if we are chasing a game or want to all-out attack

General minutes at left back (for him or Trips)

Minutes at RW

The way ASM/Gordon got minutes when they were out the team.

Too much invested just to play a cover role. Lascelles is cover. Murphy is cover. Tino will play a lot of minutes.

Edited by The College Dropout

56 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Can he play/cover left back?

54 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Has never played there at all at youth or first team level, so certainly not proven to be able to.

“Livramento is very attack-minded, so attacking that he has occasionally played as a winger for the development side, although he spends the majority of his playing time as a wing-back. He usually plays as a right wing-back, however, he can play on the left just as comfortably (as he did against Liverpool on the 19th of February).”

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-valentino-livramento/

18 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

I don’t get the strategy though of signing Ashby last winter and then getting Tino 6 months after that. 

It was a cheap punt on someone with potential.

He steps up, great. He doesn't (didn't) he gets sent out on loan with him hopefully doing well. If he does, factor in being young and English and we should be getting £10m+ for him if we sell next summer. That's a nice profit. 

There'll be plenty more like Ashby who we'll sign with one eye on selling them. 

14 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“Livramento is very attack-minded, so attacking that he has occasionally played as a winger for the development side, although he spends the majority of his playing time as a wing-back. He usually plays as a right wing-back, however, he can play on the left just as comfortably (as he did against Liverpool on the 19th of February).”

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-valentino-livramento/

Again, this seems like something which has been regurgitated without any evidence to support it.

You can see all of his youth and first team appearances here which have been exclusively RB and RM:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tino-livramento/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/503981

I don't think we are spending £40m on a player for him to be on the subs bench. I think with any player who is an up and coming star, if they are good enough they'll play. That also holds true for Elliott Anderson and Lewis Miley by the way. There's no easy route to the first team, but that applies to senior players as well. If you perform you keep your place no matter who you are.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think we are spending £40m on a player for him to be on the subs bench. I think with any player who is an up and coming star, if they are good enough they'll play. That also holds true for Elliott Anderson and Lewis Miley by the way. There's no easy route to the first team, but that applies to senior players as well. If you perform you keep your place no matter who you are.

There’s a fair bit of the ‘we’ve already got a top right back, why do we need another expensive right back’ crack going around.

The answer for me is ‘big clubs have more than one good player per position’. We’re on our way to being a big club again.  This is perfectly normal. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s a fair bit of the ‘we’ve already got a top right back, why do we need another expensive right back’ crack going around.

The answer for me is ‘big clubs have more than one good player per position’. We’re on our way to being a big club again.  This is perfectly normal. 

Right back was arguably our biggest problem position. The drop off in quality between first choice and second choice was vast.

12 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Again, this seems like something which has been regurgitated without any evidence to support it.

You can see all of his youth and first team appearances here which have been exclusively RB and RM:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tino-livramento/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/503981

The article I quoted specifically names a game where he played LB? 

also:

“Livramento's preferred position is on the right, but he has been asked to fill in on the left on a handful of occasions.

He's comfortable on his left foot and is happy enough crossing and shooting with it, although Livramento's focus will always be on getting the ball on to his right foot.”

https://www.90min.com/posts/tino-livramento-things-to-know

there are numerous articles stating he’s fine on the left. (I don’t personally think we’d play him there, but still…)

I am going to foolishly go on the record that we will see him on the left and howe will have him and trippier swap sides multiple times through games to confuse the opposition. I do not know if this is s good idea mind.

47 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Loads of subs as well, we’ll make 5 a game most games I guess. 

52 minutes ago, Manxst said:

The article I quoted specifically names a game where he played LB? 

also:

“Livramento's preferred position is on the right, but he has been asked to fill in on the left on a handful of occasions.

He's comfortable on his left foot and is happy enough crossing and shooting with it, although Livramento's focus will always be on getting the ball on to his right foot.”

https://www.90min.com/posts/tino-livramento-things-to-know

there are numerous articles stating he’s fine on the left. (I don’t personally think we’d play him there, but still…)

Yeah. Except it wasn't left back, he played left wing back in a midfield 5 and it was literally one youth team game. You can see that singular time mentioned on the stats if you look at the link I sent.

It is the only example of him ever playing on the left side in his entire youth and first team career. It's hardly an extensive record to go off and certainly doesn't suggest that he's comfortable there.

Again - he might be, particularly if he's two footed and comfortable on the ball. But there really doesn't seem to be much evidence to support it. An example of a half truth from one report being extrapolated out as fact.

Edited by ponsaelius

40 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

No prizes for guessing what his song will be. [emoji38]

“There’s only one Valentino Francisco Livramento, there’s only one Valentino Francisco Livramento…….” :dontknow: