Tino Livramento

Yorkie

He's superb, defensively really solid and is powerful when attacking

A different attacking threat to Trippier but a useful alternative to have

Howe has a real challenge on his hands giving him sufficient minutes, understand why Trippier is first choice but his performances warrant more than the odd game

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

Fantastic again. Didn't expect him to be so good defensively. Seems to be pocketing anyone who comes up against him. But then he had the confidence to just burn through the whole team and put it on a plate for Miggy. 

Think he has earned the trust of Howe now to get more minutes in the league and help keep Trippier fresher/try something differently tactically.

Edited by alexf

After these two Livramento performances we should feel confident giving Trippier more rest. Even now this lad could get a game at RB at at least 12/13 teams in the PL. No reason when the likes of Luton, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd etc come to St James we should feel like Trippier has to play.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Trippier plays LB at international level tbf

He does, but he was awful in the last game where he did. He's the best right back in the league, I wouldn't move him.

I bet Tino could do a job at left back too though.

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Trippier plays LB at international level tbf

11 out of 45 caps has been from left back at international level.

1 out of 431 caps has been from left back at club level. (a league cup match for Tottenham in 2017)

0 out of 67 caps has been from left back at Newcastle.

If it was as simple as fielding our best players on the pitch regardless of what position they had to play, Howe would have done it already.

Trippier might seem like lazarus right now but an injury to any player is around the corner, it takes one injury for Livramento to pounce.

All those amazing right backs England have; Trippier (old), TAA (cant defend), James (crock).... Livramento is the one.

31 minutes ago, Conjo said:

11 out of 45 caps has been from left back at international level.

1 out of 431 caps has been from left back at club level. (a league cup match for Tottenham in 2017)

0 out of 67 caps has been from left back at Newcastle.

If it was as simple as fielding our best players on the pitch regardless of what position they had to play, Howe would have done it already.

I’m not arguing that, I’m just saying that Trippier at LB isn’t crazy.  I wouldn’t play him there myself, but it’s hardly a madcap idea.

NB players don’t get caps for their clubs :) 

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s arguably alongside Willock has our best ball carrier in the team. He does look like he could play further forward as well.

Is Livramento in midfield the next N-O thing? Imagine a midfield of Schar and Livramento. Incredible.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, STM said:

Trippier might seem like lazarus right now but an injury to any player is around the corner, it takes one injury for Livramento to pounce.

All those amazing right backs England have; Trippier (old), TAA (cant defend), James (crock).... Livramento is the one.

And Kyle Walker … who is the best of the lot. 

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Is Livramento in midfield the next N-O thing? imagine a midfield of Schar and Livramento. Incredible.

I mean during this period where we have no attacking changes to make, he looks like he could fill in if needed