Tino Livramento

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not to mention the play Tino further forward stuff as well. My goodness.

He played the last 15 mins in midfield last night. 

Granted, that’s obviously not his best position, but it’s an option Howe clearly considers, as opposed to something like Schar in midfield.

Never got this weird obsession we seem to have about putting any defender who can remotely pass in to midfield? 

On the few occasions we've tried it it's been nothing short of a disaster.

Has it ever worked out for anyone? Can't think of a single defender who moved to midfield and did well. Worked OK for Mascherano going the other way, but even that was a massive exception. Possibly Marquez about 15 years ago

Needs to be killed...killed with fire.

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Never got this weird obsession we seem to have about putting any defender who can remotely pass in to midfield? 

On the few occasions we've tried it it's been nothing short of a disaster.

Has it ever worked out for anyone? Can't think of a single defender who moved to midfield and did well. Worked OK for Mascherano going the other way, but even that was a massive exception. Possibly Marquez about 15 years ago

Needs to be killed...killed with fire.

Didnt Bale start out as LB?

One of Trippier's many important contributions for us is his attacking assist and crossing. Putting him on the left significantly nerfs that.

I think Tino has played on the left before, and crossing is less important to his game. If anything, he should be starting there.

Just now, Dr. TC said:

One of Trippier's many important contributions for us is his attacking assist and crossing. Putting him on the left significantly nerfs that.

I think Tino has played on the left before, and crossing is less important to his game. If anything, he should be starting there.

Tino’s game is very similar to that of Javier Zanetti’s (Talking about an iconic player here I know!) - never did his game any harm when he played on the left - only ever saw him use his left once - v Eng in 98

I don’t think it’s impossible that Howe plays Tino in another Position than RB, especially with all our injuries and games. 

But it is really hard for us to say whether it will happen or not, when we don’t see him every day in training. 

To me he does have a lot of qualities that could make him a decent backup midfielder/winger.