Tino Livramento

Yorkie

14 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Jacob Murphy looked very good at RB yesterday and has clearly been learning from Trippier. I would cancel this transfer and focus on LB and CB with our remaining funds. 

Murphy isn't a long-term successor to Trippier though. 

This move, like Gordon, is clearly an opportunistic one. Howe/Ashworth see signing Trippier's long-term replacement as more effective squad management (given our resources) than upgrading on Burn/Targett. A left-back would be great but it's sensible to try and integrate Trippier's successor, particularly if the player you've identified for that role is available. 

I think we'll get a CB but we won't get a winger; Gordon is that player, we just signed him early. 

13 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Jacob Murphy looked very good at RB yesterday and has clearly been learning from Trippier. I would cancel this transfer and focus on LB and CB with our remaining funds. 

Livramento has looked very good for a whole season at Southampton at the age of 19, but its good to have options ready to step in.

If the recruitment team want to sign one of the most promising young full backs in the country rather than playing a winger out of position because he looked alright in a pre-season friendly, then serious questions need to be asked.

Edited by The Prophet

Too late I know, but just thinking about Chelsea's 50% add-on clause and Saints wanting to clear £xm after that had been paid.

Could we not have "bought" some no-mark reserve player from Southampton for £20m, they throw in Livramento for free, Southampton net everything they want, we pay less and Chelsea get fucked?

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Too late I know, but just thinking about Chelsea's 50% add-on clause and Saints wanting to clear £xm after that had been paid.

Could we not have "bought" some no-mark reserve player from Southampton for £20m, they throw in Livramento for free, Southampton net everything they want, we pay less and Chelsea get fucked?

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Did you used to work at Juventus?

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

We could have but that’s a gamble for Southampton as it’s likely Chelsea would never do business with them again. 

5 hours ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Hope this is a comedy post. If not, give your fucking head a shake man :lol:

5 hours ago, Chris_R said:

RTG would explode mate.

3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Hope this is a comedy post. If not, give your fucking head a shake man :lol:

I don’t know - using this logic I had a round of golf tonight and went round in about 120, terrible but on one par 3 I got the Green in one and birdied it so I’m gonna enter the open.