Harvey Barnes

khay

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Don't know why people are so repelled by this.

Re: sideways moves, sometimes they help you get where you want to go faster i.e. changing lanes on a motorway.

Don't even think it's a sideways move. He's probably got close to the same amount of goals in his prem career as ASM, Miggy, Gordon and Murphy combined. 

Find it a bit odd that there seems to be so much focus on what he can't do and downplaying what he can do. Having a wide player that can put up those sort of numbers is massive. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I dont follow it closely, but isnt our concern more wages to income, rather than FFP spending? We have plenty of FFP wiggle room, but we're currently at like 94% wages to income? I suppose its a bit mute, but a signing position we're relatively well stocked in, increases our wage bill at the expense of another position?

We’ve got very little FFP wiggle room this year - and wages vs turnover are also high.

I reckon the club will try and offload at least a couple of players towards the end of the window - once we’ve brought in our targets. 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’ve got very little FFP wiggle room this year - and wages vs turnover are also high.

I reckon the club will try and offload at least a couple of players towards the end of the window - once we’ve brought in our targets. 

Definitely doing all we can to shift: Darlow, Manquillo, Fraser, Hayden, Hendrick, Lewis

Shifting if we get the players in: Lascelles, Krafth

Might shift if we get cover in the squad and the price is right: ASM, Dubravka, Murphy

Could be some shocks on top of that I suppose. Could also see them pushing for Ritchie and Dummett to take pay cuts on new contracts. They seem earmarked to be guardian players in the squad and maybe to play in the reserves to help younger players. 

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Definitely doing all we can to shift: Darlow, Manquillo, Fraser, Hayden, Hendrick, Lewis

Shifting if we get the players in: Lascelles, Krafth

Might shift if we get cover in the squad and the price is right: ASM, Dubravka, Murphy

Could be some shocks on top of that I suppose. Could also see them pushing for Ritchie and Dummett to take pay cuts on new contracts. They seem earmarked to be guardian players in the squad and maybe to play in the reserves to help younger players. 

Yeah, that looks about right to me

This will be a great signing. Perhaps LW/LM isn't the most urgent position we need but he improves the squad depth massively and statistically provides more goals and assists which can never be sniffed at. 

Could well end Gordon's chase for the #11 though. Can see Barnes getting that if he comes in and we all know Tonali is getting the #8. 

Seems like a sensible signing. We need squad depth for the upcoming season. Maxi is unreliable in terms of fitness and Gordon is unreliable in terms of quality. With his quality finishing he can be used as a 3rd backup striker aswell.

Dont think it means that Maxi is going anywhere.

I think the most vital part Barnes adds is goal threat. We desperately need Miggy to score same amount as last season as his goals were vital, but can he hit those high notes again? He definitely will score a few, but big ask to do it again to same degree.  Barnes provides that goal cover, and if both score higher amounts then we're laughing. Ideally we need a 1st team option for RW that is more certain to provide goals and quality in final third than Miggy or Gordon. 

1 hour ago, La Parka said:

Looking forward to seeing him here. 

Screenshot_2023-07-08-06-10-34-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

In the season that followed Sancho had more G&A per 90 than Barnes did. Just to let you know. :)

Do think Barnes is a bargain at £35m mind and people need to realise you have 4 competitions to contend with this season. This adds quality depth. Good signing. 

Be really happy with this. Massive upgrade in the squad as it’s Harvey Barnes in for Ryan Fraser. Following on from Tonali in for Shelvey. We will see some seriously strong benches/cup rotation next season once we sign some defenders too (RCB and LB) 

Just now, Froggy said:

In the season that followed Sancho had more G&A per 90 than Barnes did. Just to let you know. :)

Do think Barnes is a bargain at £35m mind and people need to realise you have 4 competitions to contend with this season. This adds quality depth. Good signing. 

Apologies for the slander :)

I'm looking forward to seeing him here. His directness is impressive and he'll offer a lot especially when we turn the ball over and attack at pace. 

Just now, La Parka said:

Apologies for the slander :)

I'm looking forward to seeing him here. His directness is impressive and he'll offer a lot especially when we turn the ball over and attack at pace. 

Aye I like him. Would have preferred he went to someone else. :lol:

5 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I believe in Harvey Dent 

In the final third he flips a coin in his head to decide if he will shoot or pass. However, the coin has shoot on both sides...

Was watching Downie the other day saying that he thought we had the budget for either one more Tonali level signing or two 30/40m signings and he thought we would do the latter. 

This would very much point towards that. If signing Barnes instead of someone like Diaby, gives us scope to get say Tierney or Andersen, I think we've made the right choice.

The less I think of Barnes as a winger, and the more I think of him as a "deep-lying striker" - the better I feel about the transfer. 1) Geet quick in bringing the ball into the opposition box; 2) Can smash the ball really hard; 3) Knows where the goal is. What's not to like at 35 mil?

30 minutes ago, hakka said:

I think the most vital part Barnes adds is goal threat. We desperately need Miggy to score same amount as last season as his goals were vital, but can he hit those high notes again? He definitely will score a few, but big ask to do it again to same degree.  Barnes provides that goal cover, and if both score higher amounts then we're laughing. Ideally we need a 1st team option for RW that is more certain to provide goals and quality in final third than Miggy or Gordon. 

Miggy had one purple patch where his goals came, pretty much his only purple patch in his time here. I hope he plays even better this coming season, but I fear he won't.

Barnes has proven he'll get goals and assists over the last 4 seasons.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Was watching Downie the other day saying that he thought we had the budget for either one more Tonali level signing or two 30/40m signings and he thought we would do the latter. 

This would very much point towards that. If signing Barnes instead of someone like Diaby, gives us scope to get say Tierney or Andersen, I think we've made the right choice.

The lad from Sporting Lisbon would probably be about 40 million.

2 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I think his chant should be 'Party Hard' by Andrew WK. With 'Harvey Barnes' substituted. Obvs.

Memories of Kerrang TV round about 2000/2001. Until we create a Tonali song to System of a Down’s Chop Suey I’ll be disappointed.