Harvey Barnes

khay

Still calling bullshit on this link until some others stand it up.

So far we have the telegraph and other than that journalists talking about "reports", which just refers to the telegraph anyway.

Nowt from Edwards, Hope, Downie or any other journalist to confirm these reports to be true.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Nowt from Edwards, Hope, Downie or any other journalist to confirm these reports to be true.

I almost feel bad for them, they clearly have no fucking clue what's going on and can't comment on things like this one way or the other as a result :lol:

It seems thay we are targeting players on relatively low wages - Barnes rather than Maddison, Tonali rather than Barella etc.  IMO its a sensible tactic - the alternative is you quickly end up like man utd or chelsea where everyone that signs expects 200k+ a week.  Building slowly and deliberatley isnt just about transfer fees

14 minutes ago, STM said:

So far we have the telegraph and other than that journalists talking about "reports", which just refers to the telegraph anyway.

Done by Tuesday I have heard 

35 minutes ago, gdm said:

What? :lol:

Let me rephrase it then. Like I said, you need skill. And the best teams have players that got that. But you need to be effective. I would say that  football intelligence is way more important, and being effecitve. Maxi is none of that. And ya, he dosent really play anyway.

I would take Barnes every day over Maxi. I´m sure Howe would do that too.

16 minutes ago, simonsays said:

It seems thay we are targeting players on relatively low wages - Barnes rather than Maddison, Tonali rather than Barella etc.  IMO its a sensible tactic - the alternative is you quickly end up like man utd or chelsea where everyone that signs expects 200k+ a week.  Building slowly and deliberatley isnt just about transfer fees

Barnes is also more of an obvious fit for our side, I don't think anyone was sure how we would use Maddison given our formation and style of play last season.

To me Barnes is a player that could conceivably score 15-20 goals for us in all competitions next season. He's not the creative type that we probably want, but there's still time to get someone like that on the right. I really think Barnes could smash it here if Howe gets his off the ball work up to standard. It would raise further questions about why we spent £45m on Gordon though.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

“This is my opinion, I’m sure Eddie agrees with me”

yup, I take that you are not agreeing. and that's just another opinion too really. it would though be more interesting to know why instead of this reply.

3 minutes ago, nufc4eva said:

The second article is really interesting.

On that list of the most give and go goals over the last 4 years, he is top with 6. On the same list both Salah and Mane have 5.

Salah and Mane benefitted a lot from Firmino dropping into space to receive the ball and then playing them in behind, or just from making runs in behind when Firmino created space from dropping deep, with other players then playing them in.

Think Almiron did a great job of this kind of movement last season and he got a lot of goals from it, but we didn't have the same kind of similar threat on the left side. I think Barnes adds that balance.

Stats read more like an inside forward than someone who gets involved in build up play, not seen much of him at all though so I'm aware stats don't tell the full story.

45 minutes ago, STM said:

Got to remember our journos will be told nothing until it's a formality.

The noise from the Leicester end makes it sound like it'll be done and dusted by the end of next week.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The second article is really interesting.

On that list of the most give and go goals over the last 4 years, he is top with 6. On the same list both Salah and Mane have 5.

Salah and Mane benefitted a lot from Firmino dropping into space to receive the ball and then playing them in behind, or just from making runs in behind when Firmino created space from dropping deep, with other players then playing them in.

Think Almiron did a great job of this kind of movement last season and he got a lot of goals from it, but we didn't have the same kind of similar threat on the left side. I think Barnes adds that balance.

Miggy had a purple patch and if people expect it every season I feel their gonna be disappointed.