Harvey Barnes

khay

55 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

But if you take their goals away all 3 of those are also shite ?

The fucking takes here by those that just love ASM are laughable. Even more so by the assumption that it's to replace ASM. For that, ASM would have to actually be available and playing well. 

I’m biased here but the takes from ASM haters are way more embarrassing and once again eye-opening. 

I'm bored of the ASM stuff. He's had his chance and he's not done enough. 6/10. 

Goals win games and the stats don't lie - Maxi's stats don't quite hit the ballon d'or hype he suggests.

Do you want to watch random pointless stepovers or win games?

Jokes aside, I'd keep Maxi, but if Howe switches him out for Barnes and uses the cash to buy a Chiesa or Diaby I'm down.

Barnes has levels to go, and ASM is one of the very few players to not improve under Howe.

I'm sure Howe is somewhat fed up with the bandages, moaning, and cryptic media messaging too - let's see how it pans out, but fans need to trust the bloke that just got us to 4th with Dan Burn and Longstaff.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

I’m biased here but the takes from ASM haters are way more embarrassing and once again eye-opening. 

You got it wrong nobody is hating on ASM. We are just realistic about what he can and cannot contribute, and we have landed that Barnes would be a good addition to the team.

On the other hand, ASM lovers are so insecure that they immediately jumped up ASM getting sold, and then to say Barnes is shot, which we know it's not true.

Objectively, ASM is fun to watch most times, but also frustrating at others, when he is on but his end product is not great. It's hard to tell how many are just emotionally attached because of what he did for the team in the dark times vs people truly thinking that he is all that good.

People can't stop pointing out that Almirón had a purple patch and will go back to the mean. But ASM lovers point to his man city performance as if that's his baseline. The guy can't even get on the field. When he does, he struggles to adjust to our tactical plan (he has gotten way better and hopefully he continues to improve). But by adjusting him to our way, he has lost what made him fun to watch.

I think it's ok to say that he is not the best fit for how we play, but I think he could get there and I'm in no rush to sell him. But he is also not the guaranteed starter in the team. 

So what was the point of Anthony Gordon? We spend 75m on two LWs and ignore RW, LB, and RB? Definitely need to sell ASM if true, and he will be a bargain since everyone will know we need to sell.  LW: Gordon, ASM, Isaak, Big Joe,  and Barnes?

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

So what was the point of Anthony Gordon? We spend 75m on two LWs and ignore RW, LB, and RB?

It’s July 8th. Calm down. In Ashworth & Howe we trust, so let them do their jobs. Those positions will be focused on. Don’t worry. 

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

So what was the point of Anthony Gordon? We spend 75m on two LWs and ignore RW, LB, and RB? Definitely need to sell ASM if true, and he will be a bargain since everyone will know we need to sell.  LW: Gordon, ASM, Isaak, Big Joe,  and Barnes?

There’s obviously no plan, other than to wind up people like you on the internet. FFS what have the guys behind the scenes got to do to earn your trust after the last 18 months? #TrustTheProcess

Gordon’s position is clearly going to be pretty fluid. Whereas Barnes would almost certainly play left wing the majority of the time he’s on the pitch. We could see Gordon on the right, switching to the left, playing as a wide forward. It’s really hard to know what lies ahead with him but I think we can be pretty confident Howe will make it work

I’ll take a break after this but ASM’s xG+xA per 90 was higher than Barnes’ this season, 0.52 vs 0.40. Still poster after poster comes here telling everyone ASM has no end product. Only thing letting him down last season was his fitness.

And I would love some proof on the fact that Howe massively hates ASM. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Pata said:

People are allowed to criticise him without being 'haters'

There are valid criticism's of him.

3 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Gordon is 22, and judging by his performances lately for England U21s, we might look back at what we paid for him as a bargain.

Just now, Pata said:

And I would love some proof on the fact that Howe massively hates ASM. :lol:

I don’t think Howe hates him. But I do think he and ASM both realize the player isn’t a good fit in our system.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Barnes has comparable ‘stats’ to Bukayo Saka, Jack Grealish, Rashford etc.  

Why do we think other top 6 clubs aren’t in for him at £35m?

Because they already have the players you mentioned above ?

14 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Personally, I feel Eddie sees Gordon as a utility player to play in numerous positions, in different games, or changeable during a game -  flexibility is key to wor Eddie!

Big Joe, Willock, Bruno, Tonali, Gordon, and Barnes are all fluid players.... who can evolve during a game or be picked for various opposition.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Are top 6 clubs in need of a LW? Honest question as I don't know what Liverpool, Man City, Manure and Arsenal are shopping for.

Spuds, Villa and West Ham are who we have apparently beaten off for him. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Son, Salah, Diaz and the 400 wide players at Cheslea?

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I mean 3 clubs right in your post don't need him.

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Personally, I feel Eddie sees Gordon as a utility player to play in numerous positions, in different games, or changeable during a game -  flexibility is key to wor Eddie!

Big Joe, Willock, Bruno, Tonali, Gordon, and Barnes are all fluid players.... who can evolve during a game or be picked for various opposition.

I don't think its impossible he see's ASM in a similar way playing as a 2nd striker or wide forward. He did ok in the middle for us before. Might well see him moved on but I think this is a make or break year and throwing the gauntlet down to ASM. 

If we sign Barnes, our formation is going to be very interesting. He’ll have to be used as a “wide” striker and will see a fair amount of bench time. Got to think we’re picking players for different formations. However we line up I’m expecting most of Gordon’s time on the pitch down the right.

Will we see Isak and Wilson in our “strongest” formation?