Harvey Barnes

khay

Just now, buzza said:

Always thought he was a decent player, will not get us out of our seats as much as maxi but will frustrate a lot less too I imagine...

Will get my out my seat every time he scores a goal which was 13x the amount of Maxi last season

Just now, buzza said:

Always thought he was a decent player, will not get us out of our seats as much as maxi but will frustrate a lot less too I imagine...

He will get us out of our seats when he scores goals 

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

On paper is this going to be our first/best XI next season?

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman
Burn

Tonali

Bruno

Joelinton

Almiron

Isak

Barnes

For now, I'd say so. The second XI needs some work, especially at the back, and we still look a winger light to me:

Dubravka

Manquillo
Lascelles
Dummett
Targett

Anderson
Longstaff

Willock

Murphy
Wilson
Gordon

Just now, Rich said:

For now, I'd say so. The second XI needs some work, especially at the back, and we still look a winger light to me:

Dubravka

Manquillo
Lascelles
Dummett
Targett

Anderson
Longstaff

Willock

Murphy
Wilson
Gordon

If we ever have to play that back four I’ll claw my eyes out

Now we can understand why Szobo and Maddison were not gonna be signed, they are mostly playmakers. Howe wants a lot of running/intensity on the midfield and on the wings, that's why he chose Barnes and Tonali. 

1 minute ago, cranna said:

Now we can understand why Szobo and Maddison were not gonna be signed, they are mostly playmakers. Howe wants a lot of running/intensity on the midfield and on the wings, that's why he chose Barnes and Tonali. 

I’m not sure Barnes was true target over Maddison and Szoboszlai, just more attainable 

2 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

A lot of Leicester fans on Foxes talk saying they wanted to keep him:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/131904-barnes/page/83/#elShareItem_1265188276_menu

He’s a boyhood Leicester fan come good, who won the cup with them, you’d definitely be gutted for him to leave. 

So that’s him and Tonali, any other hometown hero’s we can rip away from their adoring public :lol:

7 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

LB and a CB/RB would be good now.

RW would be a bonus.

Needed to upgrade RW for about 6 windows now. Guess we see Gordon being able to play there.

can’t see another winger coming in. Partly why this is underwhelming. Gonna be another season of mostly Almiron down the right with his one foot

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not sure Barnes was true target over Maddison and Szoboszlai, just more attainable 

If Eddie wanted Maddison as a priority we would have signed him last season.  I don't think Maddison fits into our system.  Barnes does and is less injury prone.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Needed to upgrade RW for about 6 windows now. Guess we see Gordon being able to play there.

can’t see another singer coming in. Partly why this is underwhelming. Gonna be another season of mostly Almiron down the right with his one foot

We've got Buble in the middle

So, it's going to be Gordon, Murphy, Barnes and Almiron on the wings?

That's a big contrast with the level of the midfield with Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton.

Unless Gordon develops into something we haven't seen yet, the midfielders will have to score a good amount of goals to make the team competitive.