Harvey Barnes

khay

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Barnes shooting technique with both feet from inside and outside of the box makes me think he’s far less a pass and move into space and hit with his preferred foot player like Almiron generally has shown. Barnes is someone who you can’t show a specific way because he isn’t 1 footed, and his assists looked pretty damn good when he had a settled CF playing regularly. We will have Isak and Wilson. Dumbing down his game is a bit classic NO as you can get. 

Elite sides exploit space through passing and movement. 

Will be interesting to see him play properly as from what I’ve seen of him he looks one footed. Watching his highlights his right is his foot and he can vary what he does with it when shooting whereas on his left he just seems to strike it as hard as he can. As I’ve said before not as obvious as Miggy is but he clearly has a far stronger side from what I’ve seen.

I imagine Schar passes over the top behind, pass and move dribbles into space to get a layoff to shoot, cut backs from Tonali, Trippier or Miggy and on the assist side his line breaking run in behind and low driven crosses to Isak and Wilson. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I imagine Schar passes over the top behind, pass and move dribbles into space to get a layoff to shoot, cut backs from Tonali, Trippier or Miggy and on the assist side his line breaking run in behind and low driven crosses to Isak and Wilson. 

Yeah that pass Schar does I can imagine him getting in on those a treat.

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Whoever it is, you would think they would have twigged by now that he can't keep anything secret lol 😂

Indeed. His snout must be someone quite high-up. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

So Rob M seems to know when Medicals are booked in. Is his source a reasonably high level medical staff I.e physio?

Did the Telegraph article saying medical this week come out before or after his tweet?

1 minute ago, Tina Tooner said:

Thought we ran a tight ship? No leaks etc. This Barnes saga has played out in the media for weeks. Even some cunt Rob on Twitter knows when the medical was booked

Think the Barnes deal was an easy one. Just had to wait on the Maximin situasion. Tonali was different. Only a few people knew. Rob didnt get anything on that one.

13 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Thought we ran a tight ship? No leaks etc. This Barnes saga has played out in the media for weeks. Even some cunt Rob on Twitter knows when the medical was booked

We do, it doesn't mean the selling club or his agent do though.

50 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

So Rob M seems to know when Medicals are booked in. Is his source a reasonably high level medical staff I.e physio?

Dont think it's medical related. He knows far to much about our transfer business with who we're looking at, something I don't think the medical staff would be involved with. Same as the players. So his source must be on the coaching staff or scouting department maybe? 

6 hours ago, Aiston said:

ASM's unpredictability didn't exactly help us much last season mind.

He did well enough when he played. The point is we really didn’t miss him when he was out injured. So he’s expendable and relatively valuable.