Harvey Barnes

khay

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

From those who have watched him for us so far, was he a better buy than Maddison for our style ? 

I think so. Esp with the way we play. Seems like a very good fit. 

Although no sure how we will fare when teams sit back on us. Both fiorentina and VR play the way we like the most. 

Has Maddison done anything of note for spurs yet? 

I would like a madisson type too to be fair mainly as a lot of terms are going to line up with two banks of four behind the ball against us and I'm worried about us scoring in those games when we can't break into space

Could really do with Schar coming back sharpish, his ability to spread the play quickly will be a massive part of our game when we've got opposition worried about the Miggy/Trippier link up and then Schar having the ability the twat the ball 50 yards to Barnes in space.

2 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

I think so. Esp with the way we play. Seems like a very good fit. 

Although no sure how we will fare when teams sit back on us. Both fiorentina and VR play the way we like the most. 

Has Maddison done anything of note for spurs yet? 

Got a pen and an assist today i think.

While I wasn't opposed to the signing I wasn't particularly excited but the penny has dropped for me. Howe and team are signing players not just to have two strong 11s but also the ability to play 3 or 4 different ways and Barnes seems to fit this strategy really well. For us and our needs I think we got the right relegated Leicester player even if Maddison might be the more talented player overall.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

From those who have watched him for us so far, was he a better buy than Maddison for our style ? 

For a wide player I would say yes. He's more direct and dynamic with the ball and makes forward runs in behind.

During his celebration after scoring a goal he lets go of both the imaginary string and the bow. I mean what, are we to believe this is some sort of magic bow where the laws of gravity don't apply? Boy, I hope he gets fired for that one.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Will get a bag of goals at the back post if this is how he plays and finishes. Doesn't get involved in build-up play at all basically, but I was impressed with his ball carrying ability in transition. 

26 minutes ago, STM said:

We don't HAVE to compare Barnes and Maddison like. [emoji38]

We could just let Madders get on at Spurs and enjoy wor Harvey.

The Barnes/ASM comparison is going to be more tiresome like and will appear every time he scores, or hasn't scored or assisted.  :lol:

I was genuinely just intrigued how Maddison was getting on at spurs. I've always liked Barnes more tbh but would have loved both. Think old Harvey fits our system more and Maddison will be a good fit at spurs. Esp if Kane does leave and he takes the 10 role. 

Barnes is going to score a hatful for us: hand, glove. 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Loved that both his finishes were first time hits. He knows where the goal is. 

He is boring in a weird way, everything he does is textbook. I know I need to hit this ball hard and low across the goal, so that’s what I’ll do. No messing about. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He is boring in a weird way, everything he does is textbook. I know I need to hit this ball hard and low across the goal, so that’s what I’ll do. No messing about. 

I was so bored watching us win 4-0 today. Give me a 4-3 defeat with lots of step overs any day.

If we can keep getting him the ball in them positions he'll take a lot of pressure of the team with his clinicalness. Which will in turn bring the other team out from a low block and we can then pick them off.