Harvey Barnes

khay

Poor lad. Just as he was settling in to the team. Its a long season, so I'm sure he'll have a role to play later in the season.

I was just thinking about Wilson vs Isak and had Barnes in my Wilson front three. It was Murphy/Gordon Wilson and Barnes, focusing on supply to Wilson as a box striker.

Isak drops deep and links play, so it occurred to me that we could rotate to playing wide forwards. Such as Miggy Isak Joelinton/Gordon. 

This all assumes everyone is fit and available, of course, and was just a bit of fun. They're all good players in whatever setup.

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't fully buy the "well stocked" angle.

We are competing in 4 competitions and already have injuries.

Gordon needs a rest on Weds. I expect Isak to start up top. So we're looking at Anderson LW, Isak, Murphy.

It won't be so bad once we have the two Joes back, but yes at the moment, it does put a lot of work on the shoulders of Gordon.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Really shame for him like, and for Gordon who will now have to play every minute until next year :lol:

With the Joes for the left and Miggy and Murphy on the right. Gordon can play either. Think we’ll be ok.

Very much a shame though.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

With the Joes for the left and Miggy and Murphy on the right. Gordon can play either. Think we’ll be ok.

Very much a shame though.

Anderson and Isak can also operate there if required 

I know its not a "good" thing but it also might not be the worst. Howe said himself that players benefit from just being able to observe the way we do things. I honestly don't think Barnes had hit the ground running anyway.

Give us a quality second half of the year Harvey lad. :thup:

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Really shame for him like, and for Gordon who will now have to play every minute until next year :lol:

Big Joe will play there a lot. Tonali, Bruno, Longstaff, Anderson and Willock to come back are all trusted to play LCM.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Now even more a like-for-like replacement for ASM.

Sad and true.

40 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Now even more a like-for-like replacement for ASM.

:lol: Only in the relative short term but it certainly blows one of my biggest arguments out of the water of 'best ability is availability' being why I didn't mind the switch.