Harvey Barnes

khay

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Not a fan? How come? 

Just never been impressed by him, doesn’t seem exceptionally quick, have a trick in him to go by a defender and thought he looked weak as piss when he came on at home to Liverpool.

He can undoubtedly finish and his stats say I’m wrong, but doesn’t excite me one bit and just always thought he looks average.

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Go on, I can't resist...

I'm sure knocking about in the Saudi league is just a taxing on his paper towel hamstrings as the Prem. :bluestar:

Was a lazy cunt who never ran here too, nothing has really changed.

Huge fan.

Of course, I wouldn't for a minute have him ahead of Gordon now.  But my assumption at the beginning of the season was that Barnes would be the guy on the left for the forseeable future. 

Finding a way the get him minutes.... nice problem to have.

4 hours ago, Pata said:

Less than 200 minutes from our new reliable winger and it's December tomorrow. Meanwhile in Saudi a sicknote has 14 starts this season. 

Gordon is ASM’s replacement, Barnes is back-up.  I wouldn’t consider ASM to be close to Gordon, and Barnes scored 13 PL goals last season in a relegated side - ASM managed 12 in four years.

If you’re blaming Barnes for his injury, I can’t help you there.  But the idea that we haven’t upgraded isn’t on at all. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Gordon is ASM’s replacement, Barnes is back-up.  I wouldn’t consider ASM to be close to Gordon, and Barnes scored 13 PL goals last season in a relegated side - ASM managed 12 in four years.

If you’re blaming Barnes for his injury, I can’t help you there.  But the idea that we haven’t upgraded isn’t on at all. 

Huge upgrades.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I have a deep fear that the next heartbreak to leave is going to be Miggy. :( 

Don’t think I’ve ever been particularly upset by a player leaving tbh.  I remember Gazza leaving when I was a kid and that seemed momentous, and Andy Cole pissed some off.  ASM and Almiron aren’t in that category for me. 

10 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I have a deep fear that the next heartbreak to leave is going to be Miggy. :( 

Hmm I’m not sure how miggy goes tbh, we need money for him but I can’t see an mls side being willing to pay. He’s a key player in a champions league side after all. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Hmm I’m not sure how miggy goes tbh, we need money for him but I can’t see an mls side being willing to pay. He’s a key player in a champions league side after all. 

I could picture a West Ham or a Wolves paying decent whack for him in England.  A few years back I would’ve said a half decent Spanish club like Betis would have gave us a good fee, can’t see it at the moment. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I could picture a West Ham or a Wolves paying decent whack for him in England.  A few years back I would’ve said a half decent Spanish club like Betis would have gave us a good fee, can’t see it at the moment. 

I don’t think he matches the profile of players wolves buy. As for West ham they bought kudus so I don’t see it either. 

The problem is the clubs with money are generally English and the market has shifted to buying players with resale, so funnily enough Saudi might be the best bet. :lol:

7 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Just never been impressed by him, doesn’t seem exceptionally quick, have a trick in him to go by a defender and thought he looked weak as piss when he came on at home to Liverpool.

He can undoubtedly finish and his stats say I’m wrong, but doesn’t excite me one bit and just always thought he looks average.

Most people thought the same about Gordon when he arrived. Now look at him.O0

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Most people thought the same about Gordon when he arrived. Now look at him.O0

I was all in on Gordon from the off always thought he looked electric at Everton, only concern was end product.

Its the opposite with Barnes he clearly has end product going off the stats, just never passed the eye test for me, hopefully I’m wrong usually am.

Edited by Whitley mag

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Go on, I can't resist...

I'm sure knocking about in the Saudi league is just a taxing on his paper towel hamstrings as the Prem. :bluestar:

Maxi would have shattered like a packet lasagna sheet if he’d been made to do the workload we’ve been through this season.

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Current transfer record is 16m? I wonder if this would be an acceptable amount? I don’t quite understand how the mls works though :lol:

They are given 2/3 designated player spots which means they can offer players a wage outside of the wage cap.

There will be a few clubs with DP slots available, but as you say, the problem is buying players.

If Chris wood is £20m, and then £15m player, then Miggy is above that.