Harvey Barnes

khay

A quick google says that a “grade 3” turf toe is quite common in professional sportsmen and the average recovery time is 16 weeks, so would seem to correlate. 

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

Has he had a fucking foot graft, and been given the wrong size so his boots don't fit?  Like his normal foot and a hobbit foot or something

Hearing his foot flew off and went so high it left the atmosphere. Should come back down to Earth around August somewhere in Kazakhstan. Very bad luck imo

Edited by Joelinton7

Didn’t read the whole article but if that’s what Barnes has it sounds like it could affect his game going forwards. He was never an explosive player so hopefully not 

10 hours ago, NSG said:

A quick google says that a “grade 3” turf toe is quite common in professional sportsmen and the average recovery time is 16 weeks, so would seem to correlate. 

New member here, but as follower of rugby league in Australia and 'turf toe' is an injury that is not uncommon in league. Seems innocuous but puts players out for months. I remember losing one player for most a 26 week season to 'turf toe'. That's why I was so worried about Barnes. Hope I'm wrong and he's back soon

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’ve read this post two or three times now and I still can’t see any Sweeney content?

Keeping all the best stuff to myself

Treat them mean, keep them keen…

:tobey:

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

On the bright side, if Barnes indeed needs the surgery, then we'll effectively start 24-25 season with two summer transfer windows of reinforcements [emoji38]

‘like a new signing’ 

7 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

On the bright side, if Barnes indeed needs the surgery, then we'll effectively start 24-25 season with two summer transfer windows of reinforcements [emoji38]

Worrying

15 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Double the signings to lose to injury and suspension all over again. :fwap:

3 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I do seem to be getting more irrationality angry at the injured players, after each defeat [emoji38]

Especially considering Barnes played in 66/76 PL games in the last two seasons for Leicester. No history of being a sick note but inevitably gets some weird toe injury that keeps him out five month when we pay big money for him, you couldn't write it.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Great so he's finished 

Nah, that article calls out some particularly bad outcomes. But looking at this list:

“Already in 2021, bad toes have hampered Lions Pro Bowl center Frank Ragnow, Raiders running back Josh Jacobs and Bucs wideout Scotty Miller. In the past few years, turf toe has derailed star players such as A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Davante Adams, as well as running backs James Conner, Phillip Lindsayand Antonio Gibson.“

- Ragnow has played all but two games the last two seasons. 2nd team All Pro this season.

- Jacobs had the best year of his career in 2022 and had over 400 touches (that’s a lot)

- Miller isn’t very good but he’s played almost every game the last two years 

- Davante Adams is still elite at age 31

- Julio Jones made four All Pro teams after it happened to him before getting old

- James Conner has aged nicely for his position and been reasonably durable

——

It’s a bad injury for sure, but it’s unlikely to be a death sentence.