Harvey Barnes

khay

Not a priority signing would be my guess and they’re currently working on something else. 

They like a lot of players but if something better is available and they can do a deal, they’ve shown they’ll be flexible and change course in an instant.

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I can see us aiming a lot higher than Barnes. Seems a bit of a sea change signing the Italy U21 captain from AC Milan and then going after a decent but nothing special, newly relegated winger. We're probably happy the rumour is out there and we're not denying it so reporters are thrown off the scent of who we're really after.

Of course, if i'm wrong and we do sign him, he'll be England regular Harvey Barnes who has the potential to be world class.

Decent ? he's better than decent his goals and assists are up there with the best lad. I'd call miggy decent. 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Decent ? he's better than decent his goals and assists are up there with the best lad. I'd call miggy decent. 

I guess we'll see if he joins. Other than Maxi i don't think any of our wingers cut it at this level and need to be replaced. I'm not sure Barnes elevates that level much at all. Gordon is excluded from that comment because the jury is still out

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

I guess we'll see if he joins. Other than Maxi i don't think any of our wingers cut it at this level and need to be replaced. I'm not sure Barnes elevates that level much at all. Gordon is excluded from that comment because the jury is still out

Only wingers with more goals from the top 6 teams than Barnes were Saka, Salah, Martinelli and Rashford. Mental that anyone would think he wouldn't elevate our level. 

1 minute ago, Tina Tooner said:

Only wingers with more goals from the top 6 teams than Barnes were Saka, Salah, Martinelli and Rashford. Mental that anyone would think he wouldn't elevate our level. 

Exactly, he’ll also improve too 

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not a priority signing would be my guess and they’re currently working on something else. 

They like a lot of players but if something better is available and they can do a deal, they’ve shown they’ll be flexible and change course in an instant.

Exactly. The window is open for another 7wks? They’ll probably see how ASM does in training as well as trying to shift some of the unwanted squad members. If they can they’ll pounce. Meanwhile the pot of money left for this windows signings is probably earmarked for a different position. Even the Harvey Barnes lovers on here have probably admitted it’s the right not the left where we might look for a wide forward.

Disasi makes sense as it solves the RCB AND the RB in one fell swoop - 30m 

I would like to see Lodi for LB as he did well at Forest in the end - loan again with obligation if need be 

Barnes I think would make sense to fill out the squad and he's defo useful - 25m

But one big RW has to be the statement signing. A Chiesa loan to buy in additon to the others would honestly make it a 10/10 window and make for a squad ready to compete

Perhaps it is one CM light but maybe Anderson stays in that case instead of going out on loan

15 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Disasi makes sense as it solves the RCB AND the RB in one fell swoop - 30m 

I would like to see Lodi for LB as he did well at Forest in the end - loan again with obligation if need be 

Barnes I think would make sense to fill out the squad and he's defo useful - 25m

But one big RW has to be the statement signing. A Chiesa loan to buy in additon to the others would honestly make it a 10/10 window and make for a squad ready to compete

Perhaps it is one CM light but maybe Anderson stays in that case instead of going out on loan

Lodi was awful for forest 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Lodi was awful for forest 

He wasn't. He had a tough first few months, but he was excellent towards the end of the season. Forest supporting friend raves about him. (That's not to say that I'd want him though)

Edited by Shadow Puppets

Hope it's not rumours...13 goals in the league from wide in a team relagated is excellant return and personally think he would be great fit.

Edited by NUFC91

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He wasn't. He had a tough first few months, but he was excellent towards the end of the season. Forest supporting friend raves about him. (That's not to say that I'd want him though)

I’m only going of their message board mind, and our game against them at their place. Think we can do much better.

Forest had an option to buy which they didn’t activate which is strange if he was that good for them.

Edited by SUPERTOON

24 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

How about a RCB that can play RB then?

Its another option, would still leave us playing in the CL with 4 internationals in our back 5. Upgrade the LB and we upgrade the starting 11. Upgrade the RB with a flexible RCB and we only upgrade the squad.

Just now, Adam P said:

Its another option, would still leave us playing in the CL with 4 internationals in our back 5. Upgrade the LB and we upgrade the starting 11. Upgrade the RB with a flexible RCB and we only upgrade the squad.

I think it's really harsh on Burn that. Genuinely think he's starting as number one LB this season.

38 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

How about a RCB that can play RB then?

Hard to find considering EH likes 1.85m+ players, especially in the defense. Tall full-backs are problematic because they don't have a lot of mobility.

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think it's really harsh on Burn that. Genuinely think he's starting as number one LB this season.

It might be a little harsh because he had a good season but he is the weakest of the 5 at the back so would be the priority to improve the starting 11. You could well be right that he starts as number one LB though. Eddie will have to rotate this season if we progress in the cups so we need options. Which is why i would be very happy to see us sign Barnes too. 

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Exactly. The window is open for another 7wks? They’ll probably see how ASM does in training as well as trying to shift some of the unwanted squad members. If they can they’ll pounce. Meanwhile the pot of money left for this windows signings is probably earmarked for a different position. Even the Harvey Barnes lovers on here have probably admitted it’s the right not the left where we might look for a wide forward.

“There is nothing to stop them also bidding for players on Newcastle’s books but the Premier League will be watching to ensure any transfer fee reflects fair market value.

Given his age and the fact he still has three years left on his contract, the reported £50 million Al-Hilal paid for Portugal international Neves, who is the same age as Saint-Maximin, but only had one year left on his contract at Wolves, will be a useful benchmark.

Newcastle are wrestling with FFP restrictions and multiple sources have informed Telegraph Sport that they will have to sell players to balance the books, if not this summer, then certainly in the next two transfer windows.”

Edited by LFEE