Harvey Barnes

khay

4 minutes ago, Viana said:

Jacob Murphy, 12m to some Champ team.

£12m my god

guy played a key role for us last year in getting top 4. Scores goals and a great work ethic. British - easy £20m nowadays in the market

None it matters cos he ain’t going nowhere. ASM is the asset we will get rid of.

Edited by Toon88

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

£12m my god

guy played a key role for us last year in getting top 4. Scores goals and a great work ethic. British - easy £20m nowadays in the market

None it matters cos he ain’t going nowhere

And every player sings his praises off the pitch, meant to be great to have around.

1 hour ago, Toon88 said:

£12m my god

None it matters cos he ain’t going nowhere. ASM is the asset we will get rid of.

I mean, he scored four, so that is technically goals.

Split the difference and say 15m with bonuses. I'm basing that on where the market is at. Teams in Europe aren't throwing around daft money. If anything they're trying to flog deadwood to Saudi Arabia. 

Edited by Viana

1 minute ago, Viana said:

I mean, he scored two, so that is technically goals.

Split the difference and say 15m with bonuses. I'm basing that on where the market is at. Teams in Europe aren't throwing around daft money. If anything they're trying to flog deadwood to Saudi Arabia. 

4 goals so you can double it to £30m ?

20 minutes ago, Viana said:

I mean, he scored two, so that is technically goals.

He scored two in one game, how did you think he'd only scored two all season?

Anyway he's improved as the season's gone on, he's 28 and English, £12m or even £15m would be insanely low fees. 

Edited by Teasy

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Refuse to believe we’ve blew the lot on only two players when we have such a major competition to play in. 

It's nonsense. I think we have another 30-40m player even if we sign barnes. Then looking at a couple of cheaper deals or loan to buy. We will spend on a decent LB or CB. Maybe both. Not convinced we don't want another right sided player too.

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Refuse to believe we’ve blew the lot on only two players when we have such a major competition to play in. 

Yeah, I'm incredibly dubious. Feel like we've heard it all before. 

31 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Anyway he's improved as the season's gone on, he's 28 and English, £12m or even £15m would be insanely low fees. 

I muddled goals and assists - it happens.

Just doesn’t make sense.

We appoint such a shrewd operator in Dan Ashworth and his latest brainwave is to sign Barnes - a position we are already well stocked in - blowing the last of our budget, and to then just sit back and hope someone signs Maxi so we can scrape by in the remainder of the window?Nah

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

I agree with your point overall but let’s be honest the Torres and Coutinho fees/deals were absolute gift horses for LFC. Both players had already peaked and were on the decline physically and in motivation. If we’ve had the best years we feel from these players and decide to sell most will understand but not for another 4 or more seasons. We’ve only just had one full season with them.

Coutinho went to Barcelona at 25 turning 26. He was at his peak.  Suarez at 27 - his peak. Suarez was only at Liverpool for 3.5 years. 

6 hours ago, Skeletor said:

The Man City model is the correct one to follow. Either selling youngsters or players who are on the way down. They never sell their best players. At present that would be ASM.

The Man City model wasn’t FFP complaint. 

They’ve only started selling well in the last 3 seasons. In large part down to signing young players and moving them in their peak which we can do (Sterling, Zinchenko, Jesus). And a decades worth of investment in the youth setup.  That will take us a decade too. 

5 hours ago, Viana said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the club are actively watching Man City's 115 charges with a view to adapting their own approach. If City basically get a slap on the wrist it's one thing, but if there's a genuine threat of demotion/expulsion then they won't want to follow suit. 

Aye. 

I mean look, there is 100% a budget. Everton cried covid losses as I recall. City is accused of cheating the fuck out of it. Chelsea sells players for good money, has a bunch of commercial deals and snuck in 7 year amortization.

This is what I saw on Transfer Market.

Newcastle 2023  72M out so far 17M in.
Newcastle 2022  185M out 14M in.

Newcastle 2021  130.5M out ZERO in.

2 hours ago, Teasy said:

Suggest a club that would spend 15m buying Murphy?

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Leeds has cash with the parachute payment but he ain't gonna play in the Champo.

They spent just 8.5m on a young defender from Liverpool.

I suggest those who think we can easily offload the deadwood or sell the player at a decent price, take a look at Transfermarkt, check the deals completed so far and see how this years market is really like. 

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

They spent just 8.5m on a young defender from Liverpool.

I suggest those who think we can easily offload the deadwood or sell the player at a decent price, take a look at Transfermarkt, check the deals completed so far and see how this years market is really like. 

We agree on that. The player has to agree and there is wages and other factors. I guess we'll see.

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

If the times is correct £90 million.

We love pleading the pauper though, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Exactly. Once again I'm not saying players won't need to leave, but no one knows our budget and we feed the media what we want all the time about FFP. 

We'll probably not do any more business until August after Barnes comes in.

6 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

How many did we sign 2002/3?

Viana & Bramble

Woodgate in January 

The two summer signings were mainly potential but didn't massively improve the quality of the starting XI. Tonali and Barnes are huge.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How many did we sign 2002/3?

Viana & Bramble

Woodgate in January 

The two summer signings were mainly potential but didn't massively improve the quality of the starting XI. Tonali and Barnes are huge.

And Darren Ambrose in march buddy. 

We got the 'budget done' chat last summer until we found £68m down the back of the sofa for Isak.

Same again this year, personally i'm just going to let it play out and enjoy.