Harvey Barnes

khay

Just now, OCK said:

Just thinking about that time we signed John Barnes and he finished top goalscorer with 11 goals or something. 

7 in 39 total, 97/98 season. (6 in 26 in the league). Fucking awful time, with Rush and Pearce too. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Peace was actually quite decent. Certainly out of the 3. 

Yeah, I didn’t mind him, to be fair. The other two were atrocious though. Yet still ‘good’ enough to be our top scorer…

JD Tommasssooonn

Andreas Andre And his Anderson

Alan Shearer

Paul Dalglish

:anguish:

That season probably took 5 years off Shearer's life. Ah yeah, that was the season his knees retired. 17 games 2 goals. [emoji38]

Aye Pearce was decent - and went onto have a couple more years at West Ham and Man City. Must be the last time though we signed someone who'd already been a manager? :lol:

Barnes half-decent. Rush was well and truly finished. His last goal in English football was with us, despite going onto player two divisions down for Wrexham.

14 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I remember he had that horrendous crash. Tough as nails.
Dalglish Even signed his own son around that time. He was shit too :lol:

Scored the following night in a pre-season game I think. :lol:  Juve at home maybe? Hamann belter as well. 

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Barnes got that beauty away to west ham i think, and Rush was shite but i think he did get us a very important cup goal.

It was a beauty - that's his last goal in English football. Also got one in the League Cup earlier against Hull.

Pearce scored a free kick in the Champions League against Kyiv.

Edited by Superior Acuña

9 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

It was a beauty - that's his last goal in English football. Also got one in the League Cup earlier against Hull.

barnes assist - with essential build up play from Disco Des, ffs [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

I'm having flashbacks, we need to stop. I honestly forgot how awful that season was. [emoji38]

hate that kit just for the bad memories and shite players that appeared in it.

42 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

The shorts were made of some weird plasticy shit. 

Stop it man, you're bringing up things I'd rather forget [emoji38] Clearly overspent the season before on those super thick rugby top shirts.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Really thought it was going to be a season to remember when Ketsbaia slotted home to the winner against Zagreb. 

I mean we did have the Barca win and the cup final (/semi final win). Those shit seasons were still much better than the Ashley years - the Barca night alone is worth years of nothingness. 

Edited by Superior Acuña