Harvey Barnes

khay

24 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Rose? Never drank it before

From @Ben earlier:

”This is worse than when i drank 3 bottles of Chilean Rose wine, said some crazy stuff on here, upset most posters, then had to apologise to everyone, took a six month break, then changed my name from Chopey to Ben.“

(tickled me)

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

From @Ben earlier:

”This is worse than when i drank 3 bottles of Chilean Rose wine, said some crazy stuff on here, upset most posters, then had to apologise to everyone, took a six month break, then changed my name from Chopey to Ben.“

(tickled me)

?- I see, wish I’d seen (or read) that.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Have you been drinking as well? - I genuinely don’t follow. It’s not aimed at me is it?

:lol: I've not had a drink for a long time. It's not aimed at you, sorry mate - carry on :lol:

3 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Ok I'll bite, proven Premier League experience ring a bell?

As if isak, Bruno and botman were proven pl players before they came. Yet they are our best signings

22 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

As if isak, Bruno and botman were proven pl players before they came. Yet they are our best signings

I would agree. Sandro looks great after a brief appearance and his highlights and reputation. Gordon was player of the Euro U21s competition. Barnes was top give and go and with two mids like Bruno and Sandro how can you not be excited?

Edited by McDog

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

I would agree. Sandro looks great after a brief appearance and his highlights and reputation. Gordon was player of the Euro U21s competition. Barnes was top give and go and with two mids like Bruno and Sandro how can you not be excited?

never underestimate the human spirit

On 19/07/2023 at 22:21, Doctor Zaius said:

Can't say the comments from Leicester fans fill me with a great deal of confidence, but it can be difficult to judge a player fairly in a shite team. 

Close to 80m on Barnes and Gordon is some outlay. I'm going to refrain from passing judgement for a while as I can see in theory why we've signed both, Gordon already looks to be improved and if anyone can develop players, its Howe. Whether either has the quality to be mainstays in a top 5 side, I'm not convinced but we'll see.

I don't get the scepticism from either Leicester or Newcastle fans, re Barnes. He isnt StMax, his game is all about pace and power, does t have many tricks in him. Takes his man on the outside, cuts in on his right foot and shoots, or plays a one-two before shooting. He certainly is t two footed. He scored the same two goals for us thirteen (?) times last season. Bear in mind, that he was playing in the worst, most negative team in the league, its identity and confidence absolutely routed by Rodgers, and those who stood by and watched him do it, without acting. A good coach like Eddie Howe will get plenty more out of Harvey, he will be a fine, solid signing. He lives a couple of miles up the road from me, Ive met him a couple of times, including once on the quay at a rain sodden Wells-Next-The Sea, during an international break when the rest were probably in Dubai. Nice lad, which is a big plus in a squad which will inevitably contain plenty of ego’s. 

8 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Jesus Christ, can't we have this thread descend into endless Jennifer Aniston pics like the good old days (2 months ago)?

I read once that she had a nipple tweaker in her employ when they were making “Friends”