Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

If we want to get anything from the game we will need to be more clinical than we were last year. 

Likewise, City will need to be on their game to beat us, rather than strolling through it like they do against other teams.

16 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Absolute crock of shit and it'll be chaos outside the ground - can see loads missing kick off.

This bit baffles me - why would anyone's ticket get rejected when being scanned? I take it random tickets will get rejected on purpose meaning people have to go to the box office down there with photo id for a replacement? That will be fun at 7.50pm FFS.

At turnstiles, supporters who have their entry rejected during the scanning process will be directed to the away box office to be verified before a ticket is then re-issued. 

1 minute ago, Paully said:

Absolute crock of shit and it'll be chaos outside the ground - can see loads missing kick off.

This bit baffles me - why would anyone's ticket get rejected when being scanned? I take it random tickets will get rejected on purpose meaning people have to go to the box office down there with photo id for a replacement? That will be fun at 7.50pm FFS.

At turnstiles, supporters who have their entry rejected during the scanning process will be directed to the away box office to be verified before a ticket is then re-issued. 

So random tickets are going to be rejected by the turnstile scanners and those supporters rejected will have to visit the away box office to show ID then get a new match ticket?

Just now, tommo said:

So random tickets are going to be rejected by the turnstile scanners and those supporters rejected will have to visit the away box office to show ID then get a new match ticket?

That's how I read it mate anyway! It's an odd thing to say that some tickets will be randomly rejected!

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

Could cause havoc that mind

Imagine that at everton or somewhere where its abit hostile thesedays. Chance of getting kicked to fuck

Just now, jack j said:

Could cause havoc that mind

Imagine that at everton or somewhere where its abit hostile thesedays. Chance of getting kicked to fuck

Aye definitely

Having to take photo ID to go to a football match is ridiculous

With the issues we had last week, as well the delay at the Arsenal game? Is it just coincidence that all these clubs have decided to go digital, or is it some Premier League wide plan, and every club are doing it?

Do you not think it means that digital tickets that get rejected would have to go? IE if people have printed a digital ticket (so the barcode won't work), either to change the name on it or just innocently, would then have to go to the box office?

Like you say I cannot believe they will be randomly rejecting tickets at the turnstile at 7:50pm. It's nuts.

14 minutes ago, Paully said:

12 minutes ago, tommo said:

Doesn't say anything about "random rejection" of tickets. Says "those rejected at the scanning point will be directed to....away ticket office....further I.D..."

'Spot checks by NUFC staff" must be either at the Turnstile or at the Away Ticket Office in support of City staff. 

All part of the increased desire to oversee who, actually, ends up with the ticket. 

The sell it, remember, to the initial buyer and passing on said ticket is only acceptable via club oversight, no? 

Kid in front of us at the Villa game got knocked back, laughed it off with a hearty "haha, I fucking knew it'd get knock back like" and tootled off to the ticket office. 

Turnstile gadge said there'd been a few "downloaded to to many devices" 

Edited by Groundhog63

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Stones confirmed out.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Stones rumoured to be out for this, alleged hamstring problem.

make your mind up I thought you were a prophet

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Doesn't say anything about "random rejection" of tickets. Says "those rejected at the scanning point will be directed to....away ticket office....further I.D..."

'Spot checks by NUFC staff" must be either at the Turnstile or at the Away Ticket Office in support of City staff. 

All part of the increased desire to oversee who, actually, ends up with the ticket. 

The sell it, remember, to the initial buyer and passing on said ticket is only acceptable via club oversight, no? 

Kid in front of us at the Villa game got knocked back, laughed it off with a hearty "haha, I fucking knew it'd get knock back like" and tootled off to the ticket office. 

Turnstile gadge said there'd been a few "downloaded to to many devices" 

So why would tickets be rejected if they haven’t been randomly selected? What’s changed?

1 minute ago, SteV said:

So why would tickets be rejected if they haven’t been randomly selected? What’s changed?

People duplicating digital tickets I’d imagine 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

I have one example that happened directly in front of us and an example from the Turnstile bloke. 

Don’t really see how this relates to ID tho? If you’ve got the original digital ticket, it’ll work and you’ll get in. If you have some kind of copy/screenshot, it won’t and you won’t have the relevant ID because it wasn’t your ticket in the first place?

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t really see how this relates to ID tho? If you’ve got the original digital ticket, it’ll work and you’ll get in. If you have some kind of copy/screenshot, it won’t and you won’t have the relevant ID because it wasn’t your ticket in the first place?

Depends who gets through the turnstiles first.  If the copy does then the original will have to prove themselves and then the hunt inside the ground for the fake ensues I’m guessing. No idea as don’t do digital tickets so haven’t seen the technology etc especially from a different club.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Depends who gets through the turnstiles first.  If the copy does then the original will have to prove themselves and then the hunt inside the ground for the fake ensues I’m guessing. No idea as don’t do digital tickets so haven’t seen the technology etc especially from a different club.

But surely the fake one just gets rejected as it shouldn’t scan correctly due to the tech involved?

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

But surely the fake one just gets rejected as it shouldn’t scan correctly due to the tech involved?

The wallet tickets are just an identifier (ticket ID), can have multiple versions of them so it's whoever gets in first scan if it's been shared around.

If you want to have a system which prevents counterfeits etc then it needs to come from an app which generated the NFC/QR code at runtime and changes (like on bus apps) which I've seen some clubs do have for home tickets.

Edited by El Prontonise

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

The tickets are just an identifier (ticket ID), can have multiple versions of them so it's whoever gets in first scan.

If you want to have a system which prevents counterfeits etc then it needs to come from an app which generated the NFC/QR code at runtime and changes (like on bus apps) which I've seen some clubs do have for home tickets.

OK. So you’re digital ticket can effectively be cloned?

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

OK. So you’re digital ticket can effectively be cloned?

Absolutely, that's why they've said to people to not share them at all.  The ticket itself isn't sharable from the wallet but the file for the ticket could easily be installed manually onto an unlimited amount of devices or hacked to not that hard.

The only way to make it unique would be via an app which changes the qr code constantly.

Edited by El Prontonise