Lewis Hall

Paully

4 minutes ago, buzza said:

Only thing he lacks is real pace. He isn't slow but you can see he struggles to keep up with the quicker wingers

I can't work out if it's pace he lacks or acceleration. I think it's the latter which is exasperated by some naive positioning. 

If he gets his defensive position correct, you'll see less of that. Do think he's fast once he gets going, which is probably why players find him hard to handle at the other end as that positioning doesn't count. 

Given the sizable fee, even for an undoubtedly talented 19 year old it would have been easy to just throw him in; ignoring the fact he looked naive defensively in his limited minutes, or that he wasn't training to Howe's standards.

With hindsight he played it perfectly. This youth/player development will take some getting used to for the fans.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Given the sizable fee, even for an undoubtedly talented 19 year old it would have been easy to just throw him in; ignoring the fact he looked naive defensively in his limited minutes, or that he wasn't training to Howe's standards.

With hindsight he played it perfectly. This youth/player development will take some getting used to for the fans.

I'm all for giving Eddie credit but his recent spell in the team has probably had more to do with injuries to Targett, Botman, Lascelles, Trippier and Tino, and Dummett being shit, than any managerial masterplan.

Edited by Jackie Broon

9 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I'm all for giving Eddie credit but his recent spell in the team has probably had more to do with injuries to Targett, Botman, Lascelles, Trippier and Tino, and Dummett being shit, than any managerial masterplan.

Has he not just done to Hall as he’s done with every other player he’s signed?

It's a bit ironic when people whine that he should have been playing earlier when Hall himself has said he needed to do better. Eddie put him into the best possible place to succeed like he has done with so many others, him getting any stick for it is a bit mad.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

I can't work out if it's pace he lacks or acceleration. I think it's the latter which is exasperated by some naive positioning. 

If he gets his defensive position correct, you'll see less of that. Do think he's fast once he gets going, which is probably why players find him hard to handle at the other end as that positioning doesn't count. 

Need to build the quads up more for that

Eddie masterclass again. 19. Think he’s going to be a good signing and will feature regularly next season 

“I wasn’t at the level I could’ve been at in training. That comes from travelling so far from home and living on your own.”

“It was difficult. As training went on, I started to show signs of improvement. The gaffer and all the coaches were helping me.”

“After a few months, I felt like I was developing a rhythm in training and then it was [just] patiently waiting for my opportunity.”

People are being delusional if they think Howe took his time to mould him and wouldn't be playing Burn at LB if it wasn't for injuries to our centre backs.

9 hours ago, Dokko said:

Basically you don't have a clue?

Just now, Bondedcrown said:

Cheers mate you must be dead hard!

Naa, just don't have the energy to put up with little wankstains on the Internet trying to be clever. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Naa, just don't have the energy to put up with little wankstains on the Internet trying to be clever. 

Aaah bless! You teenagers are so tiresome! From the south are you?

Just now, Bondedcrown said:

Aaah bless! You teenagers are so tiresome! From the south are you?

Another regen with too much attitude and fuck all to say. 

9 hours ago, Dokko said:

Yeah, seems to be lack of acceleration over the first couple of yards, once he gets motoring he's fine. It probably means he needs to not get touch tight against the faster wingers.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yeah, seems to be lack of acceleration over the first couple of yards, once he gets motoring he's fine. It probably means he needs to not get touch tight against the faster wingers.

Aye. Needs to stand off a bit. Before my river died yesterday it felt like he was standing in front, which meant he had no chance to recover. I'm guessing that's the defensive positioning side to the game he's not got quite right, probably from playing mixed positions for most of his young career.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I've met Dokko and he's an extremely elderly and marginally handsome man from Newcastle.

? Cheers, I think.