Lewis Hall

Paully

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Can’t defend particularly well unless they’re set in position but plenty of time to learn and is somewhat understandable given he’s relatively new to the position. Really impressed with him the last few games.

His defending is so much better than early season, gets closer and timing for  challenges etc. Still does a bit on the fly when reading defensively but loads to work with. 

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Can’t defend particularly well unless they’re set in position but plenty of time to learn and is somewhat understandable given he’s relatively new to the position. Really impressed with him the last few games.

Yeah his 1v1 scares the shit out of me, but he’s lovely on the ball 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Was really good. Tenacious defensively. Great on the ball. Only thing is he’s so good on the ball that his passing could be even more hurtful to the opposition. 

I do wonder if he can play in midfield to be honest.  He’s a better footballer than most we have in there. He can play under pressure unlike Sean lad.  

Think he’s played LM before at Chewsee.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Was really good. Tenacious defensively. Great on the ball. Only thing is he’s so good on the ball that his passing could be even more hurtful to the opposition. 

I do wonder if he can play in midfield to be honest.  He’s a better footballer than most we have in there. He can play under pressure unlike Sean lad.  

The games moving that way, players not positions. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Think he’s played LM before at Chewsee.

He played left mid, left back, centre mid, centre half coming through at Chelsea. He played left back in his few first team games as its seen as easier to see the game from there. I think Bale started out left back/wing back, not that Hall will go that route as full backs are a different thing now.

Absolute bright spark. Delighted for him that he smashed that in. He was clearly up for it as he had a couple of tries at it throughout the night 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Absolute bright spark. Delighted for him that he smashed that in. He was clearly up for it as he had a couple of tries at it throughout the night 

Prepared to shoot and not try and pass it around the box. Like it. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I do wonder if he can play in midfield to be honest.  He’s a better footballer than most we have in there. He can play under pressure unlike Sean lad.  Maybe doubts about his legs. But he looked strong and quick when he needed too tonight.  

We need this type of technically superior player imo. 

I can see the thinking of him moving further forward but I love his marauding from the full back position, he seems to be building more and more understanding with the likes of Gordon and Isak as he gets more time with them.

Having him and Tino either side with the understanding of one hanging back when the other bursts forward could be massive as far as keeping our attacking moves fresh and unpredictable. His eye for a pass from that deep will be invaluable too as we plan for life after Trips and Schar in the next couple of years.

Wherever he ends up long term though we've another England International that's for damn sure. 

50 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Every time he plays it just looks more and more bizarre that he had hardly been given a chance this season, especially when we were on our knees and Burn was getting torn apart week in week out.

He pretty much explained it himself in today's interview.

I love his balls down the line, so often you see players panic when knocking it down the line and overhit it, skew it wide or just decide to play it safe but he always plays it perfectly dead straight down the line to Gordon or whoever’s there, lovely outlet. I don’t want to see him benched again while he’s fit 

Slow start for the kid and had to wait for his opportunity, but my word is he starting to show his stuff.

Yet another great signing. 19 years old for goodness sake. Laughable.

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

You can certainly see why Chelsea fans were so pissed off when they decided to sell him to us….our gain, cracking baller.

I am more pissed that we didn’t play him more when we were still in Europe

At one point last night it felt like Bruno and Hall were the only ones on the same wavelength footballing wise.

For a 19 year old he doesn't look like he knows how to give the ball away, or at least he's heading in the direction which suggests he's going to be that "press proof" type.

His passing, shooting, crossing technique is outstanding.

He's nowhere near polished defensively, positionally etc but I'm already at the stage where I can take that.. to an extent, because of what his all around game gives to the rest of the team... and of course he can improve on the job.

I hope Howe and his team do everything on their power to convince Hall of the sacrifices he needs to make, that's my only worry. He seems quite a relaxed character, who perhaps doesn't like the hard side of training. Not a critique, just different. 

If he can go into this summer with the same attitude Gordon had last season, he could be in the England team by next season.

35 minutes ago, Zero said:

I am more pissed that we didn’t play him more when we were still in Europe

Again, he’s admitted himself in an interview he wasn’t training well enough/struggling in training.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Again, he’s admitted himself in an interview he wasn’t training well enough/struggling in training.

It sounds quite a Gordon-esque arc. I’m hoping Hall, Tino, Barnes and Sandro all have an uninterrupted pre-season with Eddie and get into the structure, fitness and pace he demands.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would be really interested to see how that looked. Did he find he couldn't do the drills? Was he not fit enough? Did he not look interested or concentrate enough?