Lewis Hall

Paully

9 hours ago, madras said:

His defending is so much better than early season, gets closer and timing for  challenges etc. Still does a bit on the fly when reading defensively but loads to work with. 

Talking about defending - my gripe with him is he’s not a defender but a midfielder that was moved to left back. He looks so much better going forward yet so much this season we’ve played longstaff week in week out whilst hall is sat on the bench. Surely he could have been given a chance.

I think we might get hung up on the "used to get played in CM" stuff.

Ultimately at some point you need to concentrate on one position and own it.

I can absolutely see him slotting into that midfield role later in his career though, he needs more experience on the pitch though. Midfield is a different animal.

Just now, STM said:

I think we might get hung up on the "used to get played in CM" stuff.

Ultimately at some point you need to concentrate on one position and own it.

I can absolutely see him slotting into that midfield role later in his career though, he needs more experience on the pitch though. Midfield is a different animal.

There was an interview with him on talksport where he sounded pretty comprehensive in saying LB was now his position even though he’s played in midfield. Also said there’s plenty to work on but sounded generally upbeat and confident in how he came across. 

8 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Some of his passing was absolutely sublime. World class

He’ll learn the defensive positioning as he goes, his fitness will improve but his ball control, passing and shooting looks class.

I’m not really concerned that greatly about his defensive side, as it’s never going to be top class, just needs to be serviceable which will come with experience and exposure.

His main asset as said before is going forward, wanting the ball, and allowing us to control play more out wide, and centrally if he comes inside. It’s one area we as a team need to improve bloody loads in, control possession to take sting out of games, wear certain opposition down, and it will see Hall in more attacking positions, where his strengths are really shown more.

Think giving current England state at LB, he’ll be in the England fold next season, and legit chance of being starting LB come World Cup 26.

33 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

What I like most about him is that he takes responsibility on the ball himself. Really, really impressive.

Even if it's a little half-nothing ball down the wing he tends to look forward more than most when in possession. A couple more players with that mindset and we're cooking.

Imagine how good he's going to be in a few years :fwap:

54 minutes ago, TBG said:

So a bargain or still a waste of summer spending? 

Maxi..........something something............Chris Wood................something............

Repeat x 1000

3 hours ago, TBG said:

So a bargain or still a waste of summer spending? 

Classic one for the future.

The problem with summer spending is that everyone, myself included, focuses on how it will effect the upcoming season and not the next 4/5.

5 hours ago, STM said:

Would be really interested to see how that looked. Did he find he couldn't do the drills? Was he not fit enough? Did he not look interested or concentrate enough?

Seems like fitness and attitude, with emphasis on the attitude, in terms of Eddie's own attitude towards him. In fairness, he'd just been thrown into a totally new situation as a young lad, having left the chaos of Chelsea.

Wonder if he’d have had any game time at all if our back four hadn’t been starring in Casualty this season. One example of the injuries being an indirect positive